Update Area BFE opened?

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Was chatting with @JPMoab about Area BFE and he heard that the property was allowing people to wheel on the property, with a few restrictions. You need to have a group of at least 8 rigs and pay $100 per vehicle. :eek: While it's a good chunk of money, I think I'd be willing to pay the price to wheel those trails once again. (Really need to finish my Jeep!)

I know there is a lot of distrust and hate for the owner of Area BFE and the direction they've taken the property, but at the very least, you have the option to still wheel it...?

I'm not sure how you're supposed to contact them to plan a trip out there.

ChestonScout

opinions are like Jeeps..
My group got permission to spend one day there over thanksgiving break. We all had to sign waivers. They didn’t charge us. There was no one else there.

I would gladly spend 100 bucks to wheel there for a day. Typically what I put in the donation bin anyway so I hope this is true but I have my doubts

It was obvious not many rigs have been in there lately. Most of the tape was still up from the u4 race

Greg

Admin
My group got permission to spend one day there over thanksgiving break. We all had to sign waivers. They didn’t charge us. There was no one else there.

I would gladly spend 100 bucks to wheel there for a day. Typically what I put in the donation bin anyway so I hope this is true but I have my doubts

It was obvious not many rigs have been in there lately. Most of the tape was still up from the u4 race

Interesting, I saw your friend playing on Suicide Hill on FB! How'd you guys get in contact with them to get permission?

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
To be clear, you can still legally travel through (into and out) of the Area BFE on the designated Class D San Juan County Roads, i.e. the Strike Ravine trail. Any attempts to collect money or prohibit use of the legally established and court defended County routes should be reported asap. Attempts to use any routes off of the established county road claims is trespassing without permission of the land owner, Area BFE.

I'm glad to hear the owners are finding ways to generate revenue on their property as they have every right to do!

Asbjorn

@Greg, the guy I just bought a chassis from was recently in contact with someone related to the owner of BFE and confirmed something similar, minimum rig count, $100 per rig per day. However, it sounds like you still need to know the right people, and it’s not necessarily an open offer to the public.

Greg

Admin
@Greg, the guy I just bought a chassis from was recently in contact with someone related to the owner of BFE and confirmed something similar, minimum rig count, $100 per rig per day. However, it sounds like you still need to know the right people, and it’s not necessarily an open offer to the public.

Interesting, that jives with what @ChestonScout said about their recent Area BFE trip. Thanks for the additional info.

ChestonScout

opinions are like Jeeps..
Area BFE posted on IG today that they are in fact going to be open for EJS. The post states that it will be $100 for the week (the 10th-17th) per rig plus ONE passenger and also $100 a day to camp. That’s right, $100 a night to camp out there.
It says the 100 per night does include access to the bfe trails as well

Steep? For sure But how much is a tent site at any of the rv parks during EJS?

Asbjorn

Looks like its only for the week of EJS, my TJ won't be ready in 2 weeks. 😬

Well crap, I thought this was sort of an open offer. I had seen them post specifically for the EJS event, but for some reason, this struck me as something different. Lame.