Area BFE

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
copy and paste is hard... ;). or maybe they just want you to sign up...

I can assure you it will take me more time for me to cull, collate and copy/paste than the combined minutes it will take for the few that want to read this to simply register and read.

Got 5 minutes now?
:D

Sorry, nope. It's 65 replies and I need to condense the latest and post them there. It's one of a dozen or so different user/land use volunteer projects I'm working on concurrently. I'll circle back to it sooner or later.

RockChucker

@Herzog your reply to their IG post was awesome. Pretty sure they didn't know how to react to it. Wonder if it is the clown named Robert or someone else he has run the social media.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Fwiw I participated in the county commission meeting this morning. Mr Lucero (owner of Area BFE) laid out a plan for his development that included 75+ cabins/buildings, jacuzzi's, a pool, lazy river, workshop and Jeep/SxS rental operation. Ultimately the county denied the request to abandon the county roads. Strike Ravine is open.

The petition to close the county roads was opposed by the State of Utah, Blue Ribbon Coalition, Ride with Respect, Red Rock 4-Wheelers, neighboring land owners and myself representing ExpeditionUtah, the U4WDA and Utah Public Access Coalition. I'm hopeful we can find a way to work with Mr. Lucero and Area BFE to maintain access yet allow him to develop as he wishes. If anyone has the ability to help make that contact I would love to get BRC, @drtsqrl , MFFW, Clif from Ride with Respect, RR4W, BLM and any other interested stakeholders all on the same page. Other resources I've tried to get the connection haven't panned out.

Trate D

They are just trying to make quick cash. They will shut it back down right after is my guess.

Pile of parts

You may be right. Unfortunately it became all about money from the time it closed down. However, it may lead to it being open as a fee area rather than just closed until, if or when, he makes it into a resort area. From last report, it looked like that was going to be difficult based on what he needed in order for it to happen. Paid access might be better than no access. We'll see what the cost comes down to.