Atlas Cable Shifters

Evolved

Less-Known Member
So... When I ordered my Atlas I ordered cable shifters at the same time. I had them in the GOAT and loved them. After getting the interior mostly set up in my buggy I came to realize that the cable shifters were not going to work. Now I have a set of $350 dollar cable shifters that are not going to work and need a set of linkage type shifters. This is for a 2 speed Atlas if that makes a difference.

The problem is I didn't order the Atlas from AA directly, I used a hookup from a buddy that works at a local shop. Called the buddy and it seems like a PITA to try and work a return/exchange through them.

Do I;
1. Call AA and try to get a return and possibly a credit for the price difference even though I didn't order through them?
2. Try and find a local shop that may have the linkage type shifters sitting on a shelf and work a deal through them?
3. Hope that a local RME member reads this and has linkage type shifters for a newer atlas and wants to trade (plus a little cash?)?:p
4. Other?????

Are there any retailers that may have this on their shelf? I am not sure how common it is for these to be a shelf stock item, I am thinking not very common at all.

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
I'm guessing you opened them so they are yours I would presume. Try to arrange a swap or sell separately? Unless your buddy can use them on a shop install and get you what you need.