ATV's Friday 24 June

sixstringsteve

I'm surprised you found this too! I've got plenty of helmets you can borrow. And we won't need gas to get to the ER unless you're riding a quad. :D

I think the thing that makes ATVs dangerous is that people aren't afraid of them. They feel stable, so they push them to their limits a lot faster than a dirt bike. But we'll give you a fair shot at a dirt bike to see if you like it or not. Just cuz I prefer dirt bikes doesn't mean you will, but at least you'll get a chance.

What makes you feel unsafe on a bike? Is it the tippy feeling? Cuz that'll go away quick. I'm not good at very many things, but one thing I'm good at is teaching, and you'll get one of the best learning experiences you'll get.

It might be easier to just buy you a 4-wheeler, but I think you'll dig the motorcycles once you get used to them. They're cheaper anyway, and easier to haul.

sixstringsteve

A few quick questions for ya Lisa. How tall are you? Or more importantly, what's your inseam?

I think Thursday night would work for me, unless I'm buying a new dirt bike that night, which is very possible. In that case it'd be later thursday night. I'll keep you guys updated.

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
How do you like the utv?

I hate to say this but... since I have bought the rzr I really haven't rode the Grizzly 660. I can ride all day and feel good at the end. We put on 80 miles on that trip and it was nothing. As you get older you appreciate these things. Also, the rzr is like a mini rockcrawler, it can be quite fun.

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
A few quick questions for ya Lisa. How tall are you? Or more importantly, what's your inseam?

I think Thursday night would work for me, unless I'm buying a new dirt bike that night, which is very possible. In that case it'd be later thursday night. I'll keep you guys updated.

I think she said last night she has a 29" inseam ie. really short. We will see if tomorrow will work. Lisa seems fairly receptive to at least giving it a shot which is something good about her she will give almost anything a fair shot.

I'd try and teach her but I'm really not a very good instructor, I don't have the patience for other people sometimes. I think that's because stuff like this comes very natural to me and I just can't understand other people who need more time. At least I recognize that though.

I talked to her a little bit last night about how bikes generally want to stay upright and a little bit about steering.

I really appeciate this Steve and at the very least she will get a new experience out of this so we will see how this goes.

sixstringsteve

sounds good! I have a 29" inseam too. She'll be fine on the bikes I've got. They're perfect for her. 20 minutes and she'll have the clutch down and feel comfortable on it. I have lots of patience too, and I've been teaching a lot of people lately, so I've got a few good pointers.

Let me know if tomorrow night works.

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
I think tomorrow is going to come down to if I go wheeling tonight. I've got a buddy that's going on vacation and I am handling his boat rentals for him and still have to go through all the paperwork with him before he leaves friday.

I'm still not totally sure I'm going wheeling tonight but I've got a few hours to decide. I really want to since I've only been wheeling twice in the past year and that really bugs me. I'd go this weekend but everywhere is going to be stupid crowded and I'm not sure I want to deal with that.

sixstringsteve

If you guys want I'd be down to bring the 150 by tomorow night just to have another type of bike to try. Let me know.

cool, thanks for the offer. I've been dying to try your wife's bike out. I hear they're fun bikes.

Brian, don't feel like we have to do it this week. I should be free tomorrow night. It'll really only take an hour or two. Feel free to go wheeling, we know that's your true love anyway.

Corban_White

They are fun bikes. With some taller bars I would really enjoy riding it even for long periods of time. The way it is now I can't stand up without really hunching over. It is REALLY nimble though. I can pick the entire bike up in the air and move it if I need to. Really helps in tight situations. (or when my wife crashes. ;) )