Avalance In The Canyons

Amy

Limited Supply Of Sanity
I can see the avlalance break in the mountian where this happened yesterday from outside the front door of my work. One of our Valet Drivers still has someone stuck up there in the Avalance. It was a 500yard break at 30ft deep. HUGE.
http://www.parkrecord.com/Stories/0,1413,122~8138~2654847,00.html

Really sad.. They have not found anyone yet...I guess anyone and everyone who wants to help dig and go up on the mountain!
:(

Coreshot

Resident Thread Killer
I could see the break from the highway today. I had to come home and pull up a map to see if it was the killer slide. It was... :(

Amy

Limited Supply Of Sanity
it is so creepy too look at at 11:00 at night when I am leaving work...I drive by it...and just know that at least 5 people are frozen to death up there and most likley wont be found until spring......ug....it sucks really bad... :-\

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
That about says it.. they can't get to them because they dont' know where the people are. I really feel for their familes. And for the searchers, very depressing when they can't find what they KNOW they're looking for.

I dont' think it would have helped in this case, but the Black Diamond Avalung and a good beacon are about the best investments you can buy out there I think-- besides some damn good avalanche training. Heard a few people on the news saying they wouldn't have gone due to conditions.

Amy

Limited Supply Of Sanity
That is so true...I have seen helicopters flying around there all day. There is still no word about anyone being found. :sick: