Awesome motorcycle videos thread

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
On a related note I got to demo a 790 Duke and the motor is extremely smooth as it's a parallel twin and the blip shift was kinda cool. I don't really think I'd actually have any use for it though (blip shift). All 790s will have a cable clutch though.

The big color TFT dash was pretty incredible and you could see everything even in direct sunlight.
IMG_20180915_165536.jpg
Strangly again it's a price point bike and a new 790 Duke is actually cheaper than a 690 Duke by about $1500!!!
You don't get adjustable suspension and the brake components are private label KTM instead of the amazing Brembo brakes and hydraulic clutch that come on the 690 Duke.

The prototype 790 Enduro had KTM private label brakes (meh) with dual front discs (!) and adjusty type boing boings though so hopefully that stays.

Last edited:

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
I saw that awhile ago.......I get uncomfortable every time I watch it. The GoPro lens probably makes it look worse, but in now way was it not bad.

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
I just started watching that tonight!
I bet they were glad they didn't front energy drinks and stay up late the night before.

The guys at RMATV challenged each other to take a $500 bike through 5MOH. It’s pretty fun to watch, especially if you’ve ever been there before. It especially brought back memories of @jeeper @Gravy and myself pushing a blown up Honda off the trail a few years back.

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
This is going to spur a bunch of copy cats trying to do the same thing. I predict some abandoned bikes on the trail.

However, my first ride at 5MOH was on a KTM.. so technically, I have already ridden the trail on a $500 bike :)

Last edited:

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
This is going to spur a bunch of copy cats trying to do the same thing. I predict some abandoned bikes on the trail.

However, my first ride at 5MOH was on a KTM.. so technically, I have already ridden the trail on a $500 bike :)

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/qmfpjpAT2fJRK" width="480" height="366" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="
">via GIPHY</a></p>

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
@anderson750 It's been said that mine was a lemon bike.. For sure not one of your finely tuned machines.

The best (worst?) part was that when we went back to 5MOH for round 2 the guy who had bought my bike showed up with another group, and they couldn't get it to start in the cold morning air.

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
@anderson750 It's been said that mine was a lemon bike.. For sure not one of your finely tuned machines.

The best (worst?) part was that when we went back to 5MOH for round 2 the guy who had bought my bike showed up with another group, and they couldn't get it to start in the cold morning air.

Que- Brian hiding behind the car saying, "I hope he doesn't recognize me."

rholbrook

I watched it as well and enjoyed it. I remember taking those old four stroke 500s in places they shouldn’t go like down Baer’s Canyon above Kaysville. It took 2 days to get out but mostly because we lost the trail. I had a 1979 Yamaha XT500 with a bigger head pipe and Super-Trap exhaust. We used to go to the dunes all the time on those. I also had a 1982 YZ490 as a jr in high school. That would make 5MOH just fine. I can’t imagine that DT175 on it though

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
The first bike I ever rode was a DT 175, I was a little verklempt watching this.

I don't know where I went wrong in life but somehow I don't work at RMATV and that sucks. I mean how could working with Eric and Vaughn be a bad job?