Axial Bomber Vs Capra vs ?

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
My kid is starting to get into RC rock crawlers a bit and has one of the Traxxas Bronco (AX4?) scale crawlers....that is surprisingly capable and fun.

I was thinking of picking something up, and I wasn't sure if I should get something that's a dedicated crawler like the capra, or something capable of more speed albeit with a small sacrifice of crawling ability.

Does anyone have any experience with these two? I'm leaning towards the capra because i just don't know how much "go fast" I'd even care to do, and I like that it's a little bit smaller so easier to pack around camping.

I've also seen a few other brands out there, but I know nothing about them.

Skylinerider

Wandering the desert
I just got my kids a couple axial scx24's (chevy truck and deadbolt). I got them specifically because they are smaller and easier to pack with us. So far they've been hella fun in the snow.

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
Subscribed. Got the kids and I some bashers and I expect we'll need some crawlers down the road.

If the Bomber came with a 2-speed transmission I'd probably already have one.

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
IMO, crawlers are the better vehicles. I have broken waaaaaaaaaay too many parts with go-fast cars 🤦‍♂️
Oh so it's a problem that I've broken my Maxx 4/6 times I've driven it? Nahhhhh

Really it's just like racing vs crawling in real life: speed comes at a price. Luckily the price is also relative to the size of the vehicle. I've spent like $40 fixing it and that includes spare parts.

Buuuuuut it goes 60 mph and does backflips...

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
I just got my kids a couple axial scx24's (chevy truck and deadbolt). I got them specifically because they are smaller and easier to pack with us. So far they've been hella fun in the snow.
'
that's funny. I got my boys scx24s for Christmas also. A C10 and a Deadbolt also.
they both have started modding theirs.
The C10 got brass wheels and bigger rc4wd Goodyear MTR tires with foams. The Deadbolt got brass weights behind the wheels and my old Redcat Racing Sumo crawler got the hand-me-down wheels and tires from the C10
20220104_132441.jpg

Last edited:

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
I have a 1/24 deadbolt and my boy has a 1/10 deadbolt. The big deadbolt is nice but my brother's Capra does way better. He also has all the things and it breaks way more frequently.

Coco

Subscribed. Got the kids and I some bashers and I expect we'll need some crawlers down the road.

If the Bomber came with a 2-speed transmission I'd probably already have one.
Put a brushless motor in it, and it will go as fast as you would want, and still crawl. ;)