Axial SCX10 II - 2000 Jeep Cherokee

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
My girlfriend got me a Axial SCX10 II - 2000 Jeep Cherokee for Christmas (which means I'll be acting like I'm 12 for the foreseeable future! :D). Its the builder kit, so I still need to get all the electronics. I've never really been into RC Cars, so looking for information on what people recommend.

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
Finally, you'll have something reliable

It's true! At least it's not a real jeep, those never run!

Holmes hobbies for all your electronics and a 2 channel radio/ receiver.

Been looking at Holmes, lots of good stuff and everyone recommends them.
Any recommendations on a radio?

there are a few groups on facebook, 801rcc, utahrc classified and 801rcc builds and adventures.

i like canyon hobbies in sandy

Don't use Facebook, but I'll check out Canyon Hobbies.

Pike2350

Spacecase on here helped set up USCA-RC.com, while it's slowed down a lot over the years, people still post there. West Valley Hobby is another good store with a lot of stuff. RPPhobby is a great online store for almost everything you can think of for scale RC.

RCCcrawler.com is a great forum with sections for electronics, scale crawlers, brand specific, general, MOA type crawler, etc. Holmes and Tekin were the most popular ESC's when I was more involved a few years ago. Futaba and Spektrum were the most popular radios back then as well. LiPo's were gaining in popularity as was going brushless...but I'm not nearly as familiar with those things.

Coco

I second West Valley Hobbies. If I ever needed anything RC related, I just drove up there. Coming from UT county, it was still worth it to go there. Mike Thompson, or Ryan Pope are very knowledgeable when it comes to the crawling side of the hobby. They will get you taken care of.

Rottenbelly

I stink.
I would recommend futaba for a radio system.
3 channel if you want to add a winch or other accessories later.
Mike at West Valley hobbies can point you in the right direction.