...baby question...

JoeT

Never heard that, but when we switched our kids to the low iron formula, that helped out alot. Your typical baby formula has waaay too much iron for a newborn tummie to handle, thus they spit up alot,gassy and constipation come into play also.

Jeremy

total tacoma points: 162
i am with joe on the low iron formula, lisa breast fed ours and we had the same problems. it was the iron in the prenatal vitamins, once she stopped it went away. talk to the doctor about all these suggestions before she stop taking her vitamins.

chiropractors are a waist of money. they "adjust you" and two weeks later you are out of adjustment and you need to go back, and it never ends. i hope i am not offending any back crackers.

Cory

Also if mom is breast feeding, watch what mom eats/drinks, especially milk products. Both of our kids were always throwing up and crying after eating until mom stopped all milk products.

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
I wouldn't take a baby to a chiropractor, as their little bones/joints etc are pretty soft and loose.

Ditto on all the breast feeding/iron comments, both of my kids have been pretty sensitive to what mom's eating....

...the thought of this scared me too.....but I am also openminded about it....from what I'm told the babys position in the womb and mainly the tramatic push through the birth canal can cause misalignment....there is no popping or cracking..they use a couple fingers and very light pressure to check and correct any misalignment....I've only been once and it was very helpful...my back was tweaked back in my rodeo days....it caused very bad headaches on a daily basis...I didn't go in until I had trouble standing...it was like magic!!...no more pain :D ..and I agree with your diet comments...this is our 2nd so I have been through this before..

dunatic67

It's all about the HP
One of my friends is a Chiropractor who is fairly new out of school. Doesn't crack the old fashioned way. Anyway he does work with infants and I have read studies of infants who slept better, it helps with colic (is that how you spell that?). One of the things the study pointed out is the baby has a very tramatic experience entering this world and sometimes they can use the adjustment.
I agree with the others that a newborn baby is very fragile. I have watched this friend of mine adjust a newborn and it is very softly done. Like I said this guy is very different that anyone I have ever gone to. The key to his practice is: The weight of a dime on a nerve in your spine will reduce the signals sent by up to 90%. If your brain receives the signals being sent, your body will make the changes needed- no cracking needed.
PM me and I will give you his info.

...just found this.. :eek:

CHIROPRACTIC AND INFANTS
A large percentage of newborns are in need of chiropractic care without their parents ever knowing it.
While the naturally flexible skeleton of a newborn can withstand the rigors of childbirth under normal conditions, it often cannot withstand the impact of forceps, intense and prolonged labor, or abnormal positioning prior to delivery. Even cesaerian born children can suffer intrauterine stress to their spine and cranium BEFORE THEY ARE BORN.
The first sign of an infant in trouble is constant crying. And despite a diagnosis by your pediatrician of COLIC, many of these infants are CRYING IN PAIN.
When dietary changes and standard methods do not provide relief from constant crying, it is probably time to see a chiropractor. And indeed, for these infants chiropractic care can be a miracle.
...there is more...
http://www.familyhealthnews.com/15.html
http://www.familychiropractic.co.uk/chirocare/wellness/infants/infants.htm
http://www.spineguys.com/your_health/children.asp

Last edited:

olywrestle

Duct Tape
When my twins were born we took them to a massage therpist. He also does myotherapy. he didn't "adjust" the babies, but he held them in certain ways to let their bodies "unwind" and he let them move and work everything out, it was cool to watch and see them just relax in the weirdest positions. After that we had very happy babies! His name is Marv and his number is 860-9688 ( I hope it is okay I put that blurb here, sorry if it isn't)