back after 15 years!

BronkoRob

This is more of a re-intro. Looks like I joined back in 2003 and I remember touching base with a handful of folks back then and meeting up. 2005 I enlisted in the military, , sold my rig, got out in 2011, got stuck in CA, went back to school, got a degree, got a job, got married, had a kid, and 2 months ago I finally clawed my way out of CA and back to UT with the family!!!

So 15 years later Im back, with a 7 year old, a wife, a better job ten when I left, but no 4x4!! I landed in layton this time around. Im trying to get my kid into the outdoors and uplugged every once in a while. We tried a few things back in CA but he either just wasnt into it or he would get frustrated, mini bike, quad, rabbit/quail hunting. Im seriously thinking about getting some budget 4x4 to take us out and he can be as much involved as he wants, or just sit back and enjoy the ride.

Any of you guys in Davis county? Are there any clubs up here that are active? Something we can get involved in or meet some folks before I throw money down only to find out we dont know anyone to go out with?

From the time back here, it seems like a lot of the offroad community has moved to side by sides. We drove up skyline drive in bountiful last weekend and I was BLOWN away by the amount of trailers and side by sides in the parking area!

Anyways, hope to get back into this stuff and meet some more cool folks from the board.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Welcome back! A lot happens in 15 years!

The SXS thing is nuts and it's everywhere. Just got back from South Dakota and it's just as crazy there as it is here with them. I wouldn't say the off-road crowd moved into SxS's as much as it opened up the off-road venue to people who don't really want to wrench on their rigs (for the most part) but don't have a problem dropping 20k for thin tube :)

BronkoRob

Welcome back! A lot happens in 15 years!

The SXS thing is nuts and it's everywhere. Just got back from South Dakota and it's just as crazy there as it is here with them. I wouldn't say the off-road crowd moved into SxS's as much as it opened up the off-road venue to people who don't really want to wrench on their rigs (for the most part) but don't have a problem dropping 20k for thin tube :)

youre probably right. Same happened in Southern California. I was big into desert racing/riding dirt bikes. SxS came along and all of a sudden a LOT of people could afford something that could do 50+mph is the open desert right out of the box. Lot of various thoughts of whether or not that is a good thing, but either way.....lots of them all over the place.

Welcome back, where about's in Cali did you get stuck in?

I lived in central valley (Bakersfield) for 5 years (2011 to 2016) before moving back North. I use do do a lot of good desert riding in the Mojave and nice scenic mountain wheeling in the Alta Sierra's.

BronkoRob

I was down towards San Diego. The last place I lived was Temecula, in riverside county. I did a lot of riding in the Mojave/Death Valley area.

moab_cj5

Supporting Member
Welcome! Im in Kaysville. There are a few active clubs. I'm a member of Wasatch Cruisers, the local chapter of the Toyota Land Cruiser Association.

Hope to see you out on the trail sometime!

BronkoRob

Moab_cj5 do any of those clubs do meetups or monthly events? I’d like to get out there and meet some folks, bring my kid out, and just get a feel for a group of regulars.

moab_cj5

Supporting Member
Moab_cj5 do any of those clubs do meetups or monthly events? I’d like to get out there and meet some folks, bring my kid out, and just get a feel for a group of regulars.
Wasatch Cruisers does meet monthly and we do monthly trail rides. Check out forum.wasatchcruisers.org for more info.