back from UROC

grinch

inner city redneck
Well Me and Steve came back from the cedar city uroc comp a day early. We killd the narrowed k5 blazer. We broke both front axles(God do Mosers suck)... no big deal we hade plenty of spars but after we granaded the rear 14 bolt we were done. Thanks for everyone who helped us out down there. It was are first comp and a good learning experiance. See you all in vernal.....
Bryan

Last edited:

Too Far

parts is parts
does your opinion of moser shafts have a basis in reality or are you trying to be funny?
I have a custom length moser shaft in my front 44, the other side and the stubs are stock dana pieces. I'm working on upgrading the rest of the shafts, but if moser shafts are weaker than some other brand of shafts, say warn, let me know and I'll get those. The moser shaft I have looks prety beffy, but then again I havent broken a stock shaft, yet.
Just looking for opinions, I want the best axles I can get for obvoius reasons.

Vonski

nothing to see here...
Ah yes, the narrowed K5. Carl and I were not in the same group as you guys, so I didn't get to see it in action. Sorry to hear about those shafts. :(

Last edited:

grinch

inner city redneck
I was being serious about the mosers. We have broken 3 of them all in the same spot. 2 a couple of weeks before the comp at little moab and 1 in the compition. We had one stock side in with a regular U joint and 1 moser with a CTM and the moser went way befor the stocker even thought about it.
The problem with moser compared to other aftermarket axles is that they quit thier hardning prosess about 1/2 to 1 inch before the ears. I belive this causes a weak spot. All of the mosers we broke and i have seen broken on trails have been in this same spot.
If your looking to go to stronger shafts go to warns. They harden the shaft the whole length of the shaft.
These are only my opinions on what I have seen and what info I have gathered talking to other people. Im sure Mosers are good axles for most applications just not as good as warn or in are case even pick and pull stockers........

Last edited:

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
Wow, sorry to hear you went home early. You were in my group and we broke a heim joint on the first obstacle too, but we where able to fix it in time and did pretty well the rest of the day. The next day we did well too, until we got to the easy stuff.:D