Report Baja 1000 - My New Found Drug

benjy

Rarely wrenches
Supporting Member
Awesome, thanks for sharing. Helping the team change the tire was my favorite part

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
I remember laying on the backseat of the Lexus in my sleeping bag, half awake, groggy from only 3-4hrs of sleep, and hearing an engine pull up and idle near our camp.. I sat up to see a 16 car about 10' from our fire ring and the co-pilot scrambling out of the car... I quickly put on my shoes and made my way over to see Marc wrenching away as Darren man-handled the spare tire out of it's extremely snug location. There was no way that the little co-driver would get that tire out on his own.. Kurt supervised and Dave viewed the action from his front row seating.

Thanks for the kind words about the report; makes it all worth it. It's been awhile since I've done a report like this, and it's been nice proving to myself that I can still bring a good story. :)

Last edited:

jackjoh

Jack - KC6NAR
Supporting Member
Thanks for the memories, but in those days it was huevos rancheros and DOS equis for breakfast and all that other stuff all day long.

jackjoh

Jack - KC6NAR
Supporting Member
The best way to take part is with a check point or part of a pit crew. You only get to see one or two parts of the course but you are in the thick of things with many perks. This is an excellent report that is ready to be put in a magazine. It gives color and makes you want to go do it.

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
Photobucket freaked out about the bandwidth because the photos were being viewed so much. I really need to find another host and redo these photos with said new host. Sorry.. The photos will be back in January I believe. Lame, I know.

sixstringsteve

that's what you get for writing amazing trip reports. I guess you could attach them to your post here.

FWIW, I switched from Photobucket to Picasa for my photo hosting, and I REALLY like it. But I'm a huge Google fan, so take that into account.

sixstringsteve

if they gave pulitzer prizes for trip reports, I'm sure you'd have a few. Seeing this makes me want to do a trip to Mexico now.