Barrel pumps

Jesser04

Does anyone have any experience with them hand crank or electric? We bought 4 drums of fuel 2 diesel 2 race gas figured get a pump for each. We’ll pump about 15 gallons a weekend of race and 40 diesel every 2-3 weeks is it worth the extra money for electric?

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
I spent 3 weeks fueling out of 55 gallon drums for trucks and airplanes. The electric were slow but worked.... most of the time. When we had them down for cleaning (the screens in the pump) we used the hand pump and it took forever but worked. For the ease, I'd certainly plumb/setup for electric.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Hand crank always works, IMO. But 40 gallons of diesel is going to tank awhile with the hand crank, so it just becomes a matter of time, effort & money. I've filled & drained 55 gal drums of diesel for work, transferring fuel for heavy equipment.

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
I have a pneumatic pump, set it in the barrel, and hook up an air hose. Works AWESOME. If you have compressed are with you, I highly recommend it.

Pretty sure it's a HF pump.. like THIS

Last edited:

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
I pump out of a 55 gallon drum for our race fuel. The first manual style I had was the lever and it was junk. Would leak and the seals in the piston got sticky. I now have a crank style and it works really good and takes less than a minute to fill a 5 gallon pale.