Bart's 2007 JKUR

Bart

Supporting Member
I found some used beadlocks in St George that I couldn't pass them up and thanks to Paul (Anderson750) picking them up, I was able to get those a couple of weeks ago. The rings had been painted orange at one time and then stripped and looked pretty rough. Over the weekend I did some flapper wheel and polishing on them. They are not perfect but look a lot better. I'm going to beat them up anyway. I didn't get a before pic but the pic of the back looks close to what the front looked like. Those are getting mounted today.
bl1.jpgbl2.jpg

Greg

Are you not entertained?!
Admin
Nice Bart, love the direction you're taking the JKU! How different/challenging is this thing on hard trails than previous rigs?

Bart

Supporting Member
With any new rig there's always a learning curve when doing trails for the first time. So far I've been impressed. In fact I was able to crawl the wall early in the Maze last Friday, and was not able to do that in the Ranger buggy, or the tan CJ. Must be a wheelbase thing. There are other places where it's not quite as good as the CJ but I'm happy to wheel it and continue to tweek it as needed.

My Trail Hero weekend was hectic and I only got to run the 2 trails I was leading. It did really well on the Maze, and I bent the lame stock drag link on Double Sammy and was in preserve mode after that, avoiding all optional obstacles including the Chute, and that one hurt. I don't want to do too much to the steering because it will have a 60 up front before EJS 2020. Probably going to spring for a ported PSC big bore steering box in preparation for hydro assist when the new axle goes in.

LJTim

That thing is turning into a beast rather quickly. The wall on the maze - Is that a slight notch, around the corner before getting to the optional double waterfall - I call early waterfall? I considered trying that one, but I was mid-gunner and didn't want everyone to follow me. I'd love to run Double Sammy with you. I have recently figured out some new lines on several different gems on and around that trail, including the steep notch straight after the chute.

Bart

Supporting Member
I would definitely like to get back to Sand Hollow for a couple of days in the near future and play on the runs instead of working them.