Bart's 2007 JKUR

Many of you know that I sold my beloved CYJ last week and started down a new path for wheeling. I've reached the point in life where I wanted something more comfortable to wheel and really wanted to drive a Jeep around town again. Also wanted to do some scenic stuff and have a trip to Silverton planned later this year. A friend made me a good deal on a fairly well built 2007 JK Rubicon and so it begins. It has 61,000 miles, a 3.5" Full Traction lift and sporting 35" BFGs for now. Also has a Ripp Supercharger, Kilby On Board Air plumbed front and rear, and a few other goodies. One thing I'll be removing this weekend is a 13 gallon auxiliary gas tank that is filled through the regular gas cap with a separate gauge and transfer pump. Cool idea and great for extra miles, but I don't need that kind of range.

Short term plans are upgrading to 37s and improving the ride a bit. Future plans include adding the Tera CRD60 I picked up from Davy, and then upgrading the front axle at some time. Way future is to transplant a 5.3 into it for better power and mpg. I don't want a power house, just something that can get me down the road at 80 without struggling. 118600118601

Agility Customs

Vendor
Is this helpful?

We have used that exact bracket but it still requires more compromise than I am okay with, the amount of uptravel you lose isnt worth not retubing it IMO

Long story short is it will work and you can wheel, but not Ideally IMO

Bart

Haha, I just now realized you work at UVU too. I admire that thing every time I have to do work in the Alumni house, it's such a sweet rig!! I'm in the HVAC department here.
Please drop in and say hello the next time you're around.

I wonder if you could use Teraflex's 8 lug conversion kit on the rear CRD 60?
Thought about that, but I'm scared of the cost. I'll check on it.

You can move the bracket forward but very little before it contacts the pitman arm when your turned all the way driver and even then you have to limit up travel or get super creative with the track bar bracket. your way better off to shorten the long side or retube both sides to get the diff closer to center.
Dang you Ryan, you make too much sense. But I would have stuck with the ProRock housing if I wanted to retube. How much would it help to shorten the long side?

Agility Customs

Vendor
Please drop in and say hello the next time you're around.

Thought about that, but I'm scared of the cost. I'll check on it.

Dang you Ryan, you make too much sense. But I would have stuck with the ProRock housing if I wanted to retube. How much would it help to shorten the long side?

At the very least I would say the differential needs to go towards the passenger side atleast 2 inches to be able to set up everything optimally. If you can make that happen with shortening the long side go for it but I am not sure if its doable depending on how wide you want to be.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
The truss and mounts look amazing, very clean pieces and nice, tight fit.... Artec builds some amazing parts. Are you going to do anything special far as welding to the cast center section?

LJTim

I'm excited to see how this thing gets mounted up. A couple earlier posts in this thread have me curious on a couple things. ?

Bart

Of course my philosophy is never let a tough job stand in the way of another tough job, so why not add them together. While everything is mostly accessible I decided to add the PSC Big Bore XD kit to the mix. I've had this system for a few months sitting in the garage and wanted to get it in. To complicate matters my Jeep has a RIPP supercharger which I explained in detail to PSC when ordering. They assured me they would send the kit that fits that scenario. It is a major pain to pull it and after 3 times of assembling and disassembling the systems and then contacting PSC I found out they sent the wrong pulley. I marked the bottom of the RIPP mount where it was contacting the pump pulley and they need send a different pulley with more offset. There is millimeter clearance but the stock one fit so this should.
IMG_6892.jpgIMG_6894.jpgIMG_6897.jpgIMG_6899.jpgIMG_6900.jpg

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
I need to get one of those PSC big bore boxes. I'm too obsessed with trailers at the moment to spend money on anything else.

zmotorsports

Hardcore Gearhead
Vendor
That PSC Big Bore II is massive. I had one for a short time and liked it with my 35's but it wasn't hydro-assist capable, just the gearbox with the larger sector shaft and bigger piston. I removed it after about 8 months because it wouldn't work with the LS engine so I replaced it with hydro-assist with the 37's.

Mike

Bart

After being majorly sick, and with a lot of help from Matt and Dave, it finally all came together in time to make it to Moab over the weekend. We did postpone a couple of things, but got the 60 in the front, the new PSC Big Bore and pump in, and all the new steering links. Here are a few pics from the project.
IMG_6914.jpglocker.jpgIMG_6931.jpgIMG_6942.jpg

LJTim

Man that turned out awesome. I watched Bart wheel all day Saturday, and he has quite a sick ride! I love that your jeep doesn't jump out and grab your attention, but it is super built and quite capable when you take a closer look. Great job Bart (and team)!!

Bart

Man that turned out awesome. I watched Bart wheel all day Saturday, and he has quite a sick ride! I love that your jeep doesn't jump out and grab your attention, but it is super built and quite capable when you take a closer look. Great job Bart (and team)!!

Thanks Tim, and that's the highest compliment and exactly what I was going for.

zmotorsports

Hardcore Gearhead
Vendor
The Jeep has a very commanding stance Bart. Looks great.

Maybe I missed this but what tires/wheels are you running now? Last I read you were running some used TR beadlocks and 39" KM2's but those look like maybe 40's and definitely different wheels being 8-lug.

Mike

RockChucker

Maybe I missed this but what tires/wheels are you running now? Last I read you were running some used TR beadlocks and 39" KM2's but those look like maybe 40's and definitely different wheels being 8-lug.

Mike

Looks like TR HD17s and 39" KM3s to me.

Bart

Mike

Thanks Mike. The tires are actually the same ones, 39" KM3s that I bought about 8 months ago. The wheels are new Trailready beadlocks with the smaller ring and 8 on 6.5. The old wheels were Trailready's also, in the 5x5 lug, but powdercoated black with the larger rock ring on them. I really like Trailready wheels. I was aired down to 8 psi over the weekend and never burped a tire.