Battery terminals

skippy

Pretend Fabricator
Where can you buy quality Heavy duty battery terminals? My 2008 megacab has been giving me charging issues for quite some time the cables and terminals are 10 years old now so I'm looking to replace them. Any ideas on where to source the terminals?

Omgbecki

I use these on my jeep. I have had them a long time

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181211-151648_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20181211-151648_Chrome.jpg
    237.4 KB · Views: 25

skippy

Pretend Fabricator

bryson

RME Resident Ninja
Supporting Member
Land Cruiser guys seem to like the military spec terminals as well--I've planned to use them next time I need to replace one.

No specific brand, but something along these lines: https://www.amazon.com/Audew-Milita...92&sr=8-18&keywords=military+battery+terminal
I am liking these, that way I can solder every connection, I hate the cheap parts store ones where you just tighten down the bolts with a stripped back cable

I have run that style terminal for several years now and they really are awesome - very tidy and easily modified/expanded. I really like that you can disconnect the cables without taking the terminal off of the battery. Also, like you said, there are no stripped, exposed cables to corrode.

You can solder if you choose, but I much prefer crimped and heat shrink-sealed connections. Both are proven methods, and both are better than set-screws.:)

astjp2

I got a nice set at O’Reillys.

View attachment 116928
Unless you know the difference between a good one and these, these are junk. The mil-spec ones from Amazon are excellent for the money.

A properly crimped connection is stronger than a soldered one, because the soldered ones will crack under vibration in a lot of situations where the crimped ones will flex. I deal with a lot of Mil-spec electrical connections. Tim