Bead Blast Axle Worth It?

Gawynz

So I gave this a shot - dropped of a stripped down dirty, greasy, surface rusted (though not terrible shape) 1997 hp Dana 30 to a local shop to be bead blasted. I plan to use the factory coil brackets and what not and there was no way I could reach everything with a wire wheel. I could have just painted over it (using POR-15) but it just bothers me. So anyway, I was originally given an estimate of $30-$50 and when I picked it up I paid $65... that was a bummer but I guess that's why it's an estimate. The bill says they washed it for 10min and bead blasted for 22min. I'm very happy with the result, it'll be much nicer to work on. What do you think, is it work the $?

20220209_113247.jpg

20220217_121057.jpg

20220217_121129.jpg

20220217_121138.jpg

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
It looks great, and will be far nicer to work on--especially if you're welding stuff.

My one fear would be getting blasting media in all the places, through the open axle tubes. That can be a pain to clean out.

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
100% worth it. Just make sure to get some primer or paint on it soon cause there is a surprising amount of moisture in the air that will make it surface rust. I know from experience lol