Bent Rubicon 44

Toad

I have a Rubicon 44 that I picked up from a rolled LJ. Found out today the passenger side tube is bent. Does anyone have the ability to fix this. I have also wondered if it would be possible to pull the tube out of a Dana 30 and swap them.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
I have a Rubicon 44 that I picked up from a rolled LJ. Found out today the passenger side tube is bent. Does anyone have the ability to fix this. I have also wondered if it would be possible to pull the tube out of a Dana 30 and swap them.
The tubes will swap, as they are the same dimensions all around. Even a JK axle tube will swap in, but it would be 2.5" longer and the inner C is different.

Tebbsjeep

If it's a slight bend, could you strap it down to the table preloading the bend in the opposite direction and weld a truss to it? When you release the pressure, then it'd hopefully spring back straight.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
I chatted with Agility yesterday. They said they can do it. But that they didn’t recommend it. So I don’t know what I’m going to do yet.
I'm surprised Teraflex hasn't released a replacement housing for the TJ Rubicon 44. I know a lot of people would buy it.

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
What's the axle tube O.D. on those? 2.75"? '99-'04 Super Duty front axle tubes are 2.75" I.D., if that gives any ideas. ;)

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
I don’t think it’s worth putting effort into it unless you just chain it down and torch it to straighten it out.