Best/Cheapest auto insurance in Utah?

Mike_Lib

Mall Crawlin'
Sorry it's kind of off-topic, but where can I get a good deal on Auto insurance? I'm getting raped right now and I'd like it to stop:mad:

Caleb

I too am with State Farm and have no complaints...they are the best rates around for me that I could find and they dont care if your vehicle is lifted/modified...they know mine isn't even street legal and my rate hasn't ever gone up since I have been with them.

WayneXJ

grocery getter driver
I was getting an awesome rate with Geico, but now that I have a few tickets they're trying to rape me. So yeah I'm also looking for some new insurance.... sooooon.

Mike_Lib

Mall Crawlin'
Yup, the ticket thing is what's killing me. I've never had an accident, but I seem to attract cops who like to give crappy little tickets that add up. For example....I got a ticket going to the airport for 72 in a 65! WTF is up with that? ...and I was driving an ordinary car so it's not like I was attracting attention with a lifted heap or anything:rolleyes:

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
the big thing with changing insurance companies is that they scan your driving record when you change. they pretty much keep to themselves if you dont change. i have been with state farm a long time and there was a period where i had some potential rate lifting tickets and was sweating it that they would find out. no problems :D :D even if my agent found out i dont think he would stick it to me. he is pretty cool that way. i know that they do random checks but i think cost is prohibitive paying 5$ per scan the company can spend money in better ways randomly.

Originally posted by Mike_Lib
Yup, the ticket thing is what's killing me. I've never had an accident, but I seem to attract cops who like to give crappy little tickets that add up. For example....I got a ticket going to the airport for 72 in a 65! WTF is up with that? ...and I was driving an ordinary car so it's not like I was attracting attention with a lifted heap or anything:rolleyes:

Too Far

parts is parts
I got my best rate with allstate. I switched from geico because allstate was cheaper and I have an agent that I can actually talk to. I know allstate and many others are checking your credit rating to determine rates. So if you have great credit you can get low rates, if you have crappy or no credit expect to pay more.

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
Originally posted by Too Far
I got my best rate with allstate. I switched from geico because allstate was cheaper and I have an agent that I can actually talk to. I know allstate and many others are checking your credit rating to determine rates. So if you have great credit you can get low rates, if you have crappy or no credit expect to pay more.

now that i totally disagree with!!! that is a bunch of bullsheit!! your credit rating should have nothing to do with your insurance rates!! i have decent credit, no big mortgage or anything but that is a crock!!!

spencurai=slightly perturbed!!

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
I am through all state. They have been pretty fair with me. I pay just over 100 per month for both my ZJ's and I have 1 totalled vehicle and one minor accident on my record. (man that last part makes me sound reckless).

Mike, my agent is an old friend of my family. If you want his number PM me, he wont screw you over.

Cody

Milner

formerly "rckcrlr"
We are still with Gieco. It was alot cheaper for us than any other. We switched when we got married 3 years ago. Got the renters XJ, miata, Motorhome, and Bronco on it. Only the Miata is full coverage. The nice part is they let me put the Bronco and Motorhome on for 30 days at a time if I want. That is nice, and it only takes a phone call 24/7. When I had an agent here with other companies, I could never get a hold of them. Gieco's customer service has bee great. JMHO
Marc

SnwMnkys

If your near Orem area, theres a place across the street from University mall called i think AGI insurance. They quoted my EB for 230 every 6 months for liability, and thats with the SR22 high risk insurance. There across from the bank on the south eat corner of the mall, in the same building as the Jewlery company.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Drive like I did......

My SR22 was due to my '71 SS Camaro with the 400hp roller motor. It was fast.........and I let everyone know. Unfortunately, sometimes I let the cops know too. :eek: Now I chose to get my adrenaline rush OFFROAD, where the law doesn't have a say in how I drive.

Andy

aka. Hollywood
I go through Farmers and get a pretty good rate, but they also insure me and every thing else that I own. They even insure my sh*t box Bronco that I run in competition.

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
what do you tell them about your rig that you compete with.....nothing, and act like it is a DD or what!?? i was curious about the rules that state you have to have it insured!:confused:

Andy

aka. Hollywood
I had a little talk with my insurance guy, and he told me that I was covered if any thing happened. But he had a whole bunch of questions, and told me he woulden't tell the under writer about what I was doing. It also helps if you are buying a house, life insurance, and have 4 cars all on one policy. Oh, and the fact that my whole family goes through him for all our viehicles, and stuff.

lowe1974

mbryson's butcher
My agent at state farm said that I could get a classic policy for my scrambler that would cover $15k for $150.00 for six months. I even told them that it was a daily driver. They just have to take pictures to document the condition of the jeep before they can do it. I just bought a new car and it is $480.00 for six months for full coverage. I think I got good rates.

Caleb

My rates with state farm are awesome...I paid $140 a month for all four of my vehicles a personal articles policy plus I have my home owners through them...my four vehicles were an 87 samarai, 88 F250, 94 wrangler, and 01 Cherokee all with full coverage and I am only 21...