Best place to buy steel in Salt Lake (N. UT county is fine too)?

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
I've used a few mentioned, with good luck. When I built my steel-topped workbench, I used Wasatch because they only charged me $10 for bending 1/4" and it was exactly as I wanted. A few other fabricators with the capabilities to bend that thickness (or thicker, which is what I truly wanted... but $$$) were a lot more expensive.

I need a metal bench. What was your total on that piece of wonderfullness?

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
So I'm trying to get a little square tube for a bike rack project. Called SSS yesterday to place an order, got shuffled off to some dude's voicemail, didn't get a call back. Called again today, again got shuffled off to a different dudes voicemail. So off I goes to the Wasatch Steel website because screw that noise, and lo and behold they have an online order form, with current prices and everything. No need to wait on hold or leave voicemails for sales reps that may or may not call you back.

I got an email five minutes after submitting the order that it's ready for pickup any time. I guess I'm a Wasatch Steel customer now.

Mouse

Trying to wheel
Supporting Member
Wasatch has been treating me well this year. If I recall, some folks here warned about the people behind the desk....I go in with low expectations and come out happy.