Best place to replace a TPM sensor?

Jay5.9L

...I just filled the cup.
Wife’s expedition is having a intermittent TPS sensor fault. Where is the best place to get it replaced? Can discount tire or a Burt Brothers do it or do I have to hit a shop/dealership?

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
It's possible you've got one where the battery is running out. When one goes the rest follow. They're not expensive compared to how annoying the dash light is (and this idiot bonging noise in my wife's Subaru :rofl:).

Also depends on the year I'm sure, but my Superduty will tell me which corner is faulty with my OBD ii scan tool.

Coco

If you need them replaced, we can help with that. If you have one going out, the other are likely not far behind. We have a deal that if you buy 3, you get the 4th free.

Jay5.9L

Good to know! We have had the warning light every so often over the last few years and it always turns off after a day. Now its becoming more frequent and annoying.

Trate D

Bump up your tire pressure a few pounds. Lots of time when the tires are cold they will trip the light. Then after driving and warming up it will shut back off. Some systems are pretty sensitive in the cold if your close to the recommend pressure.

Jay5.9L

Already checked the pressure and i'm at the recommended PSI cold in the morning. it says a "sensor fault" so I think the unit is just going out.