Best ride EVAR!

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
I went for a ride yesterday and had one of those rides that had me grinning and loving life, it really was that good! :freak:

I rode from home to Gateway by the Dolores Triangle, then up John Brown Canyon towards the La Sals. I've done that route before, but I decided to mix it up and see something new... I rode to Geyser Creek Rd, explored Dark Canyon Road and then rode to Geyser Pass Rd.

There were some crazy-dark clouds hovering around the La Sals and as I got closer, you could see the rain coming down. I wasn't going to turn back, so I put on the light jacket I had brought and kept on climbing. As I rode over 10k feet it really started coming down... there was water running down the road, my visor had rain water on it making it hard to see and and it was getting cold. My riding pants weren't waterproof, nor were my mesh gloves. It got cold and wet... and I was having a great time! It started to hail at one point and my hands were getting numb, but had to keep going to get out of the storm.

I made it to the top of Geyser Pass at 10,600 feet and started heading back downhill. I was never so glad to feel the heat as I dropped into Moab, soaked and cold. I didn't take off my jacket until I was in downtown Moab.

I topped off the tank, grabbed a drink and headed home up Hwy 128 and then I70. Sadly, I left my camera at home so no pics from this ride. The Fall colors are starting to turn in the La Sals, so I think we'll be headed that way again soon. :cool:

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Wet, cold, and miserable... Yeah... Sounds like a great ride :ugh: :ugh: :D

Never said I was miserable! :D It was one of those rides that make you feel alive... I was laughing and grinning as I rode thru the mountain storm. I can't explain it much better than that. I really enjoyed seeing all the new territory on the South side of the La Sals. I was riding in Aspens for a couple hours and the views were stunning. It was the whole combination that made it so enjoyable, really.

Greg, you never leave your camera. What were you thinking?

Honestly? I was thinking that I would go for a quick ride, an hour or 2 at the most and nothing exciting. I had no intention of taking an all day trip, I just kept riding and ended up in Moab.

sounds like fun man

I already want to go again!