BHR custom FJ40 w/ Hi-9's build-up...

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
I think it would be pretty gay to build it and not wheel it, personally.

It's not like BHR cuts corners on their own abused rigs. That Colorado is prettier than the FJ, and it's been beaten like... well, like Kiel should be nearly every damn day. ;)

The shine aaaallllways wears off the paint-- this particular chunk of wheeling steel just happens to have an awful lot of shine to wear off. :D

now where's the pics damnitall

waynehartwig

www.jeeperman.com
I think I saw it last it night near the grocery store at the bottom of the hill going out to HR and PSH.. It was dark, but it looked dirty. :D

Rusted

Let's Ride!
Supporting Member
And I am pretty sure I saw in this morning about sunrise on the road going south from Moab.

wizziecutter

Well It did really well. No scratches yet but we were taking it pretty easy to break it in a bit. I was very impressed with the power and I liked the approach and departure angles. We ended up only going on two trails, Hells Revenge and Fins and things. We had a good time. I need to get the stereo put in it for some tunes and I need an interior light and some cigarette lighters to charge phone and stuff. Other than that, it was terrific. Here are a few photos, nothing too great, but a fun time none the less......:)

Attachments

• IMG_6130.jpg
    IMG_6130.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_6132.jpg
    IMG_6132.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_6141.jpg
    IMG_6141.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_6156.jpg
    IMG_6156.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 100

wizziecutter

And I am pretty sure I saw in this morning about sunrise on the road going south from Moab.
We did Hells Revenge in the AM about 7 and then packed up camp and we were headed out to run Metal Masher with some friends and the cool little commando he was driving had a little ignition issue and we ended up deciding to turn around. We left for home as I had to be back to the wifey and kids for Easter Sunday and we had a 8 hour drive. Easter Bunny had to show up. I will have to go back later. It was my first trip to moab. Really cool place. I am going to have to break it in on some cool Wyoming rocks. I have a bunch of boulders on my property and I am planning on having the dirt guys pile them up in a little ravine to make a little 100 yard fun run. Jack painted the cover for the Intake and put some cool little flames on it. Good Job Jack.

Attachments

• IMG_6085.jpg
    IMG_6085.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 78

wizziecutter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=islWNo50Whg&feature=player_embedded

I had to give the girls a ride when I got home. They thought it was fun. I am building a 40x75 shop where that rock is and there are about 20 rocks that size or bigger laying around. I will have the dirt guy use his trackhoe to move them to the little ravine to set up a little obstacle course. I was thinking of putting some big hooks into the rocks to be able to chain them up and move them to change it up every once in a while. We will see.....

wizziecutter

So,
I took it out to the Killpecker Sand Dunes near Rock Springs WY. It was a lot of fun. It did very well out in the sand. Tons of power and was really cool until ATF started pouring out the front. I had to winch it up hill about 250 yards and then drag it out to the road with 4 wheelers. I have it in the tranny shop and the front seal came completely out and the Torque converter is toast. Pretty nice for about 50 miles on the thing. So far Art Carr is less than excited about doing anything about it since I purchased it over a year ago(their Warrany Period). I thought that they would be stand up and since the build took longer than the warranty, they would honor it, but so far no. I hope they change their mind. I asked that they consider it one more time. What a joke. Supposed to be a "offroad Racing" Set-up and I can't even go 40-50mph in the dunes without a problem....Guess I won't patronize that place again. Other than the breakdown, it did really well....Can't wait for a few other trips this summer in it. I will have to be honest, it makes me nervous using that same transmission again, but hopefully this shop will correct whatever is wrong and it will run problem free.....

Last edited:

Bart

Bummer about the tranny and that surprises me. First it's an Art Carr and broke, and second that they won't stand behind it. Things that make you go, hmmmmm. Good luck with the repair.

SWALLDOG

sweet build thread. hey von it was cool to see you guys out at the mepco jeep show, or tera plus whatever. :p cool to see some of the other stuff you guys are building out there. you guys are doing some good work. beaches rig was way sweet. i'll have to stop in more often and say whats up.

ps - nick says your gay.

wizziecutter

so the winch stopped working. It just makes a clicking noise. I was reading about it on the internet and most said that it was the solenoids, and so I replaced all 4 because it would not go in or out, but that did not do the trick. Anybody have any ideas what to look at next? I tried a different controller, thinking that it could be the culprit, but it did not change it? I had the transmission cleaned out because the torque converter blew up and shot aluminum through it. I took it up in the mountains and the rebuilt trans worked great except for the fact that it had no compression braking. I called the Trans Shop and they say it is the way that Art Carr designed it. Art Carr says that the trans shop put it together wrong, so thus far I have $3800 into this stupid trans and it still doesn't work right and I have only taken it out 3 trips.

wizziecutter

The Motor went bad. I called Warn and they told me how to check just the motor and that was it, so I have to send it back to six states to have them fix it. Hopefully it won't take too long.