For Sale Big Tex Car Hauler Trailer

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
The last time I lent out my car hauler it came back with a blown tire and a ruined wheel....
Weird thing was the ruined wheel didn't have the blown tire on it...

Honest guy though. He bought me a new wheel and tire.... And two tire mount and balance fees.

Figure the math on that one out.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
I've had a couple people ask to borrow my dump trailer. I just tell them no. No explaining, no apologies, just no.

Easiest way to handle it.

I had a brand new 6 x 10 trailer for hauling dirtbikes and a good friend hit me up about how they needed to help a friend of theirs move. Got it back and the chains had been dragged, didn't say anything about it. Screw 'em... they can get their own trailers and tear them up.

Coco

Any time anyone asks to borrow my trailer, I let them know that they will pay for any damage done to it. That usually get them to look at other options. I have lent out my trailer in the past to people, and even go as far as putting new tires on it, packing the wheel bearings, and just making sure it is in good working order for the people it is being lent to. Luckily I haven't had too many issues aside from some scratches or dings in the wood.

When I was cleaning out all those wood chips in my backyard, I had a friend loan me 'his' dump trailer that he wasn't using. Didn't charge me anything, just said I could use it. Said he hasn't been using it, he has another he has been using for his 'side landscape business'. When I picked it up, come to find out he has been renting it from someone else, and just kept renting it because he bent and broke the rear stabilizing jack... He wanted me to see if I could fix it, but I was just way too busy to get to it. Plus after talking to some others, if it wasn't repaired to the original owners specs, I could see him throwing me under the bus. Just seemed shady to me.

Looking back, I wouldn't have borrowed it from him, but I was in a pinch and trying to beat an upcoming storm and coordinating between time off. I of course didn't do anything to the trailer, and returned it like I got it.

ID Bronco

I'm a softie when it comes to loaning my trailers. I have always regretted it and it shows, bent ramp holders, nicks, dings, tires, but that's what I plan on when I lend it out. I don't say yes to everyone, but nearly.

someday I'll learn.

Vonski

nothing to see here...
Pleasure doing business! Can’t wait to put this to use.
Great buy for sure, congrats! Just in case nobody has mentioned, you’re now in the exclusive 5 on 5 bolt pattern club. 😂 Not a major deal, but get a spare if you don’t have one already, as chances are low you’ll find one to buy or borrow when in a bind.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Great buy for sure, congrats! Just in case nobody has mentioned, you’re now in the exclusive 5 on 5 bolt pattern club. 😂 Not a major deal, but get a spare if you don’t have one already, as chances are low you’ll find one to buy or borrow when in a bind.

Shit, I happen to have 4, 15" 5x5 steel wheels that I'd love to see go to a good home!

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
I hate the 5x5 pattern. I finally found a couple used spares and dropped them off at discount to get new tires on them and they were stolen from in front of the store 😢

Vonski

nothing to see here...
I hate the 5x5 pattern. I finally found a couple used spares and dropped them off at discount to get new tires on them and they were stolen from in front of the store 😢
Classic… I dropped off my 5x5 spare for a new tire at a local tire place recently. The next day, they tried to give me someone else’s 5x4.5 trailer tire (same style 15” white wagon wheel). It all got sorted out, but if I wasn’t expecting a mistake, both myself and the other guy would have useless spares. In the case of my trailer, the adjustable mount will accept multiple patterns. 🙄

Vonski

nothing to see here...
I love my 5x5 trailer wheels. The rest of you are complainers.
That’s because you plan ahead, as do I. I’d bet most Big Tex 5-lug owners wouldn’t share your love of 5x5 when broke down with no spare or having multiple blowouts. 😂 Everyone from Tractor Supply to most tire shops rarely stock ‘em.

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
That’s because you plan ahead, as do I. I’d bet most Big Tex 5-lug owners wouldn’t share your love of 5x5 when broke down with no spare or having multiple blowouts. 😂 Everyone from Tractor Supply to most tire shops rarely stock ‘em.
Now we just know who to call if we need spare spares. Or who to steal them from 😉

Pile of parts

I'm in the 5 x 5 club. In fact it turned out to my advantage a few years ago. I was needing to replace tires and was considering the wheels too because the white ones were starting to rust. I went to Tex Trail and they had pallets of 5x5 wheels and tires that they brought in for a customer that backed out. They made me a deal for wheels and tires that was less than the tires would have cost. Now I have aluminum wheels and have had no problems with the tires. IMG_20160226_114726621.jpg