Big T's 1994 Ford Ranger

Tarryn Hyer near Price, UT

1994 Ford Ranger Splash

4.0l V6 (for now)

M5OD - factory 5 speed

1354M - swapped in favor of the electric shift motor.

High pinion Dana 30 coil spring 4.56
Factory Ford 8.8 29spl 4.56
Lockers on the way!

Custom 3 link front. Long arms 5.5" lift coils netting 6.5" lift.
Chevy 63" rear leaves belltech shackles.

Cheap black D-window steelies. 15 x 10. Currently on 31x 10.50 Firestone A/T. looking for 33" kevlar or bfgs.

Ran a few local king crawler group trails. I did Diff Hanger before the axle swap and got a little body damage, I'm looking forward to going back to show who's boss. I hope to get down to moab this spring. Build, break, upgrade.

I'm new to forum and new to the "scene". I look forward to meeting new people and going new places. I hope you follow along my build any and all criticism is welcome as long as its constructive.
uploadfromtaptalk1393996630133.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1393996672859.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1393996728362.jpg

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1393996580746.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1393996580746.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 22

B2-Bomber

Hey Tarryn man, glad to see you over here. We missed you last Saturday. BTW all of us are doing an RBV Moab run the weekend of June 7th.

dutchman

KI7KSV
I had one of these (w/o your mods) in white when I was in high school. Found every dirt road I could, miss that truck sometimes. Looking forward to your build.

corbin.black

Good to see someone else from Price on here. If you ever need a hand with anything, let me know.
You should try to make it out to a few of the King Crawler meetings to see what we have going on. Meeting is tonight at 6pm and we have meetings every other wednesday. PM me if you want more details! and truck looks good!

Tarryn-itup

Thanks for the welcome everyone.
I love this truck and have become very fond of Rangers and RBVs. I think there should be more Fords on here. :)

Tarryn-itup

Me too! I can't wait to get down to moab and every where else.

Ordered gears today. 4.56 and I've been scoping out lockers, rear first then front as funds allow.

Tarryn-itup

Hey Tarryn man, glad to see you over here. We missed you last Saturday. BTW all of us are doing an RBV Moab run the weekend of June 7th.

June 7th...? That's like years away.
I'm leaving on my mission May 7th, I don't think they will let me take a Moab break.

Tarryn-itup

Dropped off the axles today for brand new 4.56 gears. Should have them back next weekend, then to bolt everything back together.<br />
<br />
age8uqy4.jpg
<br />
<br />
This has taken far longer then I had hoped for. I am ready to be in Moab already. <br />
Going to paint the frame and hopefully get the bedliner down this weekend into next week.<br/>

Tarryn-itup

Got the axles back Thursday night. Bolted up the rear Friday and started on the front. I used the 2nd hole on the shackle so I can adjust the rear height a little still. Hard to tell without the bed on.

I am putting on the Trans crossmember right now. But I couldn't find the bolts so I had them ordered. That is my main hold up right now. I need to weld on the Lca mounts to the axle once I know where they go and fit. Then I'll extend the brake lines and do the finishing touches. Should be road worthy next weekend! :)
PS. My uncle is awesome and gave me a welder. So I'm youtubing trying to learn the right way to do things. All I know is it's awfully fun laying down bead.

Tarryn-itup

Progress! I'm getting so close I want to take a few sick days to finish it.
My brother works at a stealership, so I have access to all that stuff. I'm going to get it up on a lift and align it and finish everything up. Still have a bedliner I need to roll on, so who knows when the bed will go back on, I like it the look, I hate having no weight out back.
Need to buy tires and I really want a locker at least in the rear. Decisions.....
uploadfromtaptalk1397100917948.jpguploadfromtaptalk1397100933810.jpg

sixstringsteve

I like it, looking really good. I'm surprised we don't see more of these on the trail, it looks like a fantastic build

Tarryn-itup

I like it, looking really good. I'm surprised we don't see more of these on the trail, it looks like a fantastic build

Thanks, means a lot.
I guess I'm in the wrong area. I'm on a Ranger and "Ranger based vehicle" forum and there are A LOT of solid axle rangers out there.
There is a small group of small Ford owners in Utah, but they all like those goofy bronco II's. :D
I got a bolt in kit for a Dana 30 swap from a guy in Colorado it's pretty new but I think they are catching on as the word gets out. At the same time I like not seeing them around, makes mine more unique.

Tarryn-itup

I'm not sure what easy means..? Leaf springs even up to a D60 are stupid easy, I'm told.
The early bronco D44 and rear 9 are a popular swap because of the width. JamesDuff has a kit I think. You can piece one together without too much effort.
Thing is these trucks are a dime a dozen. parts are available and the more I search the more aftermarket support I find.