Big T's 1994 Ford Ranger

Tarryn Hyer near Price, UT

1994 Ford Ranger Splash

4.0l V6 (for now)

M5OD - factory 5 speed

1354M - swapped in favor of the electric shift motor.

High pinion Dana 30 coil spring 4.56
Factory Ford 8.8 29spl 4.56
Lockers on the way!

Custom 3 link front. Long arms 5.5" lift coils netting 6.5" lift.
Chevy 63" rear leaves belltech shackles.

Cheap black D-window steelies. 15 x 10. Currently on 31x 10.50 Firestone A/T. looking for 33" kevlar or bfgs.

Ran a few local king crawler group trails. I did Diff Hanger before the axle swap and got a little body damage, I'm looking forward to going back to show who's boss. I hope to get down to moab this spring. Build, break, upgrade.

I'm new to forum and new to the "scene". I look forward to meeting new people and going new places. I hope you follow along my build any and all criticism is welcome as long as its constructive.
uploadfromtaptalk1393996630133.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1393996672859.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1393996728362.jpg

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1393996580746.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1393996580746.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 22

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
Looking legit. I saw a yellow stepside on the trails of Moab a couple years ago and it made my day. It made me want to build one and make it just like they were on bay watch with the surfboard on top and everything.

Tarryn-itup

Big update but no pics.
Got the swap done! Front axle is nearly 100% including extended brake lines and no sway bar.
Steering needs adjustment the tie rod that came from the Heep is too long for the Ranger. I can only do about 1\3 to a half extension going left. It works but not on the road.
I drove it around a very little bit tonight but everything seemed fine. I'm trailering it to Moab tomorrow [Friday] morning and have a few easy trails planned. My time is short or else I would have the steering fixed first.
Got a cheap CB radio to throw in for Moab kind of excited about that.
I did a Bedliner while the bed was off, Herculiner brand. Pretty impressed so far.
Need lockers, 33's, and to drive it a lot more. Fix the steering is the only thing on my list, I'm just going to drive it and love it.

Tarryn-itup

Moab experience was that like no other.
Got free stickers!
Lost brakes on the highway.
Rode in the back of a nice old ladies truck, with 30+ rolls of toilet paper..?
Started a trail 3 hours too late.
Lost steering on the trail in the dark.
Slept in the back of my 15 passenger van.
Wouldn't trade it for anything.

Overall my truck did great on the trail. I did 3D [3 rating] but half was in the dark. Didn't hardly spin a tire unless I wanted to in the sand. The 4.56 gearing is good for my application, what little highway driving I did was dandy. uploadfromtaptalk1397948717446.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1397948737416.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1397948761035.jpg

Tarryn-itup

I'm putting the truck on unofficial Sunday duty only. Keep things lubed and running without wearing too much out.
The Jeep steering that came on the axle didn't fit very good with my Ford stuff. But it did go together enough to get me through moab. I bartered and had a guy come help me shorten the arm and center my steering wheel and stuff to make it more drivable. Probably could use a steering stabilizer, but I'm leaving Wednesday....
I can't think of anything else worth noting I've done. Be interesting to see the builds I've been following progress over the next little while. Thanks to all the members and motivation and inspiration I've received.

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
Good idea on the Sunday duty. I had a couple of buddies leave jeeps behind when they went on their missions and it really helped having someone drive them occasionally. Best of luck to you and enjoy the mish!

Tarryn-itup

Welcome home Moab trip. Success on Hells Revenge.

66015501f9bb190702293cd3e2cb90db.jpg

7e36e20ad17db1b88c27fd560fe2aefe.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

frieed

Jeepless in Draper
Supporting Member
I'd love to see Ford bring the Ranger back in kind of a JK Rubicon version:
Solid axles, lockers, and 35" tires from the factory.
Oh, and drop that 2.7l ecoboost engine in it from the F150. Or the 3.5l one :)
I'd buy one in a heartbeat...

Nice build on your truck too ...

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
I'd love to see Ford bring the Ranger back in kind of a JK Rubicon version:
Solid axles, lockers, and 35" tires from the factory.
Oh, and drop that 2.7l ecoboost engine in it from the F150. Or the 3.5l one :)
I'd buy one in a heartbeat...

Nice build on your truck too ...

That would be cool

Tarryn-itup

I've been a little distracted lately. I got this white Ranger for a daily and it was stock and we can't have that.
Good news is I got a job at the parts store and get a good discount. Anyone in Southern Utah come to Carquest in Cedar.

7803a01f1c672c1750b360192d65e2bd.jpg

638126188ade29bb6dac891571b2bcc9.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk