Bird Farms(for sport hunting)

TELFORD

its a work in progress
Has anyone here gone, or go on a regular basis? I was to go on one up in the Uintah Basin for work, but never got a response back from the club. I plan on trying a few diffirent ones out, but I dont know the best ones to go to. Any one know a good Farm?

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
TELFORD said:
Has anyone here gone, or go on a regular basis? I was to go on one up in the Uintah Basin for work, but never got a response back from the club. I plan on trying a few diffirent ones out, but I dont know the best ones to go to. Any one know a good Farm?

My neighbor in Roosevelt has one. Great guy, says he has some rocks he wants me to check out with my Jeep. Brad Wynn--(435) 722-4852

troutbum

cubi-kill
mm

well I am am member out a pheasant valley (myton). it is spendy. We hunted several clubs and found the birds out there to be the most realistic. it is fun, but mostly do it for the dogs... they get pissed if they don't get out -_-

Skylinerider

Wandering the desert
My friend has one down in Sanpete County. Probably farther than you want to drive, but I can get more info pretty easy if you want.

TELFORD

its a work in progress
I have no problem driving, but for the next few weeks I cant go to far for too long. I have heard there is a good one in Malad Id.

BCGPER

Starting Another Thread
My neighbor has pidgeons and I figure one good open choke 12 gauge could get the whole lot of em........ Oh, no place for the dogs. Nevermind....... :D

TELFORD said:
thanks I'll check them out, see what kind of damage I can do :D

TELFORD

its a work in progress
BCGPER said:
My neighbor has pidgeons and I figure one good open choke 12 gauge could get the whole lot of em........ Oh, no place for the dogs. Nevermind....... :D

hey, everybody needs target pratice, cheeper than a 20 dollar bird, thats for sure.

I will probably find myself in Idaho this weekend, Ihave a few ins up there.

Cory

There is a huge list of game farms on the Utah DWR website, but I don't know which ones on the list are quality places or reasonably priced. I've been wanting to go to one of these places, but don't want to pay a small fortune for a couple of birds, so I'm also very interested if anyone has a favorite place. For some reason none of these clubs seem to have a website.

http://www.wildlife.utah.gov/uplandgame/pdf/comm-hunt-areas.pdf

NW-sickboy

there is one in orem right behind geneva steel... i think we paid 15 bucks a bird. not sure if that is good or bad cause the company footed the bill.. some birds were really good and got up .... some held until you were right on top of them... it was fun although i would like to see what other places are priced before i go back.

TELFORD

its a work in progress
Cory said:
There is a huge list of game farms on the Utah DWR website, but I don't know which ones on the list are quality places or reasonably priced. I've been wanting to go to one of these places, but don't want to pay a small fortune for a couple of birds, so I'm also very interested if anyone has a favorite place. For some reason none of these clubs seem to have a website.

http://www.wildlife.utah.gov/uplandgame/pdf/comm-hunt-areas.pdf

this is a good list of farms, I will probably be out at this one http://www.letthegoodtimesfly.com/index.php on friday the 24 (provideing the wife lets me). The Lady we spoke with was great....

Cory

NW-sickboy said:
there is one in orem right behind geneva steel... i think we paid 15 bucks a bird. not sure if that is good or bad cause the company footed the bill.. some birds were really good and got up .... some held until you were right on top of them... it was fun although i would like to see what other places are priced before i go back.

Do you remember the name of the place. I thougth that right behind Geneva was Utah Lake? :confused: :D $15 a bird seems pretty average from what I've seen, especially if it is not a membership club.

TELFORD

its a work in progress
Cory said:
So are you a member or do they let the public in as well? It doesn't sound like too bad a deal, but if I was going to join a club, I'd want it to be closer to home.

not a member, anyone can play, yes I do want to join a club, but a little closer to home.My plans for the 24th are no longer, wife no longer has to work.......stupid credit unions anyway. :mad2: 15.00 a bird seems to be the going rate, 25.00 a gun.