Birthday Party

Webby

Official Cutie Pie
Ok so if you’re bored on April 15th I'm having a Texas Hold'em Party.

There will be a snack bar and ice, bring your own soda. There will be alcohol there, but you'll need a DD if you plan on drinking and leaving that night :D This is not a rip roaring, loud music party .. this is calm sit and play cards party, have fun and talk peacefully with friends. If you get loud I'll lock you in the vault :p and I sometimes forget what the combination is.

The party is at my historical building I'm renovating. So tons of room for lots of people. This is a two fold party .. the b-day and phase 1 being done on the building.

Details:
April 15th, 7:00pm to whenever
Address: The Historic Exchange Building - 600 Exchange Road
(Go to 24th street, then turn north on "B" Ave, go down the little hill, at the stop sign you'll see the building to the northwest slightly. Yahoo for a map.)

Please RSVP by April 13th so we know how many chairs to have and how much food .... webby@jeepwebby.com

Last edited:

gijohn40

too poor to wheel... :(
Would love to come but I think I will probably be doing my taxes that day... then standing in a long line to get them in the mail with that days post mark!

Just kidding... I'll be with the military again that day!

Webby

Official Cutie Pie
hehehe ... ya I've always loved doing taxes on my b-day ... NOT.

Well I'd say have fun in the military, but it hasn't been all that fun for you guys lately. Just be safe :D

Coreshot

Resident Thread Killer
There was a story on Fox13 news this morning about the city cracking down on illegal gambling. Texas Holdem was mentioned specifically. Better take it underground. I would seriously remove your address from this thread.

Edit: The story was on SLC, but I would still be careful... :ugh:

Webby

Official Cutie Pie
The way the law reads they can bust you for any game, lottery, raffle or whatever you pay to play. Technically trying to win a teddy bear at Lagoon is illegal.

"Gambling" means risking anything of value for a return or risking anything of value upon the outcome of a contest, game, gaming scheme, or gaming device when the return or outcome is based upon an element of chance and is in accord with an agreement or understanding that someone will receive something of value in the event of a certain outcome, and gambling includes a lottery;

Then you read futher on ....

"Lottery" means any scheme for the disposal or distribution of property by chance among persons who have paid or promised to pay any valuable consideration for the chance of obtaining property, or portion of it, or for any share or any interest in property, upon any agreement, understanding, or expectation that it is to be distributed or disposed of by lot or chance, whether called a lottery, raffle, or gift enterprise, or by whatever name it may be known.

Shame on all those churches for having raffles!!!

Webby

Official Cutie Pie
Bump ... reminder for those that RSVP ...see you tomorrow night!

also .. for those of you who really like to play Bogey's is playing texas hold'em 5 nights a week :D