Bitcoin

MikeGyver

UtahWeld.com
Here is the chart for Bitcoin since this thread was started. It has gone up 38x since then, and doubled since the post just before this one.
Discuss.

Untitled.png

RockChucker

I’m still in the hole. But when I put in, I was playing the “day trader” game with various alt coins. Learned my lesson about day trading. At one point I was up 100% then it all pooped the bed and was down to less than 1/3 of the money I put in. I’m mostly in bitcoin now with a small holding of cardano. Just hodling now as they say in crypto land

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
I started at $1200 a few years back and was down to $300 a month ago. Now I’m up to $520. It makes me want to put more in but I’m not falling for that... again

N-Smooth

I have 1% of a Bitcoin
1610146595784.png

I used the free rewards section of Coinbase that I never noticed before. Basically you watch (or don't watch) a 1 minute video about a crypto, answer a quiz question and then receive a couple bucks worth of that crypto for your time. I got like $20 doing that and used it to bump my BTC balance :rofl:
There's a lot more available with referral links but I doubt anybody on here would be interested in that. It's not as flashy and exciting as a political thread :p

N-Smooth

I’m going to go out on a limb here and say nobody ever expected BTC to be worth $56k. Yikes!!!

RockChucker

I did. And it's going to go a hell of a lit higher in 2021.
But the question that makes me ask, is it going higher because it’s value is going up or because the dollar is getting more and more diluted as the .gov keeps printing more and more money? I can’t complain, between my small holding of BTC and ADA I’m finally in the black post me getting in crypto at the height of 2017. Did learn an important lesson about FOMO investing that year....

MikeGyver

UtahWeld.com
Value can be stored in anything people agree upon. There are 2 kinds of people, those who have bitcoin, and those who don't really understand it (yet).

rxuo34jiqd561.jpg

The Fed has printed 40% of all dollars EVER printed within just the last year. Inflation is unavoidable at this point, probably coming as soon as the economy picks back up. People and institutions aren't going to store their money somewhere where it drops in value every week due to inflation. When this happens there will be an absolute torrent of money flow into crypto and the value will increase proportionally.
Bitcoin was specifically built by monetary cryptography experts to solve the fatal problems that most (or probably all) currencies have.
Bitcoin has never really gone down. It's corrected after huge increases in popularity, but it has always rebounded hard in ~3yr supercycles. You could have bought bitcoin at absolutely ANY price and made (significant) money. This bull run is almost certainly not over yet, prices are predicted to increase 2-10x this year alone. And then again. And then again...

The "dollar" we as know it will not be around for much longer.
3525lt9kvir01.jpg

Last edited:

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
With all the up and down of Cryptocurrency lately has anyone on here been selling high, then buying when it dips again? Seems like it's been pretty reliable to jump up, then drop and repeat.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
With all the up and down of Cryptocurrency lately has anyone on here been selling high, then buying when it dips again? Seems like it's been pretty reliable to jump up, then drop and repeat.

I'm going for it, just sold 14.17 LTC @ $224/ea for $3186 with a $48 fee from Coinbase. Total in my pocket is $3139.

Now we wait for it to drop again! :grimacing:

MikeGyver

UtahWeld.com
Ha, I just bought more litecoin, Bitcoin and etherium. Methinks It’s all going to rally again to 6 figures over the next few weeks.

cjncustoms

I’ve beem doing that lately with etherium, currently up $3k from where I started. Missed out on a few really good runs last month🙄

4x4_Welder

And now to resume kicking myself for not buying $150 worth when it was $.08. Although I probably would have sold somewhere in the $500 range when I would have made around a cool million, and still be kicking myself over the fact it could be over $100 million today.

N-Smooth

I’m wondering what I want to throw some money at with the stimmie checks going out on Monday. Should I get some more crypto or get back into GME??? 🤣