Bitcoin

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Man who knew RME could be such a good financial advisor. I bought doge at 18¢ and sold at 28¢ because of this thread and I bought some shiba a few weeks ago based only on this thread as I’ve never heard of it and it’s going off today.
Keep posting guys I’m liking this.

That's awesome! It's been fun for me to learn and make some money along the way. You gotta know when to buy, hold & sell!

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
I signed up for coin base today. Any other options I should do? Seems like the penny stocks of crypto don't sell on there

shortstraw8

Lower fees and better charts are the differences I noticed. I switched last week, it’s free to move everything over.
CB pro also has more crypto buying options as well iirc (one has more than the other).
CB has a bunch of good articles to read and learn plus ways to earn free crypto like <$40 i think but still free.

Johnny Quest

Web Wheeler
Ok fine. I folded and bought some Shiba. Most likely a FOMO purchase, but maybe it’ll turn into something. #cantwinifyoudontplay

Now- do I watch it like a helicopter parent and check on it every 3 minutes, or do I just Forget about it and maybe see what it’s doing once a month or so?

Greg

Admin
Ok fine. I folded and bought some Shiba. Most likely a FOMO purchase, but maybe it’ll turn into something. #cantwinifyoudontplay

Now- do I watch it like a helicopter parent and check on it every 3 minutes, or do I just Forget about it and maybe see what it’s doing once a month or so?

#buyhighselllow

I like your style!

Greg

Admin

You MUST start telling everyone you're into Crypto now, or so I hear. 😉 😄

J-mobzz

I’m far from an expert so I’ll just tell you what I do.

I set alerts with coin stats app for lows and highs on the coins I have or am interested in owning. And just watch those trends. You’ll get to a point you can start to see a dip. So for example shiba spiked last week and doge was lower and hadn’t moved much so on the peak I moved a bunch to doge at 23¢ and set an alert at 29¢ ended up moving at that 30¢ Making just over 30% in a day then moved it to bitcoin that gained a few percent until shiba dipped pretty good and moved back into that and it’s back up about 18% since then.

I started playing with crypto again on June 23rd because of this thread. And I go through phases where I’m making trades daily and not at all for weeks. It’s just kind of a game really that’s been fun to play. But the money I invested in June has gone up 589% as of this morning.

Part of me see those stupid gains and wants to throw tens of thousands in and play but I check myself and remember I’m an idiot and don’t really know what I’m doing and this is basically gambling and just keep it fun with money I can afford to loose.

That said I don’t think shiba will see any sky rocket life changing gains way to much of it in circulation to even hit 1¢ doge could jump and double its value again imo but it’s going to take something crazy to get it to rally. Bitcoin seems to be the safest place to keep the money while waiting for greg to post the next money making coin but even that moves a fair amount.

This definitely isn’t my get rich quick thing but it really has become enjoyable so I’ll likely keep doing it in waves like I’ve been doing until I loose all the money or keep building what I have.

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
I’m dumb when it comes to this stuff. Is that part of how it works?
I'm not sure if you're actually asking... So I apologize if this is way below pay grade, but at their heart, these markets (stock markets, crypto, etc) run off supply and demand. If lots of people are trying to buy at once, price goes up. If everyone is trying to sell at once, price goes down. There are plenty of more complicated mechanisms and actions involved in valuations and strategies, but in it's most basic form price is set by supply and demand.

The trick is finding present or future value. Tesla's valuation is greater than the big 3 us automakers combined, but they don't have anywhere near the assets or sales. But perhaps their technology is worth more in the long run?

Skylinerider

Wandering the desert
I'm not sure if you're actually asking... So I apologize if this is way below pay grade, but at their heart, these markets (stock markets, crypto, etc) run off supply and demand. If lots of people are trying to buy at once, price goes up. If everyone is trying to sell at once, price goes down. There are plenty of more complicated mechanisms and actions involved in valuations and strategies, but in it's most basic form price is set by supply and demand.

The trick is finding present or future value. Tesla's valuation is greater than the big 3 us automakers combined, but they don't have anywhere near the assets or sales. But perhaps their technology is worth more in the long run?
Yep. The recent drop in SHIB was because one "whale" moved their billions and billions of SHIB out of their wallet. IMO good time to buy a few more during the drop. FWIW, I bought a little more and am just holding on to it to see what happens long term.