Bitcoin

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
Yeah I guess I just didn't know if it was treated different than stocks. i.e. only liable to pay out when you cash in. For me stocks are put money in and leave it for 30 years so there isn't any tax issues on my horizon. I guess if you are using the bot to buy/sell then thats something that will have to be taken into account. If you roll like @Herzog and HODL then it is exactly like stocks (with more volatility.)

I just didn't know if anyone here had sold at the peak last year and was dealing with this now that its tax time.

I'm only into it $40 out of pocket and I bought in January so no biggie on that front for me.

Caleb

I did sell some last year and bought my truck, taxes hurt a little more this year year, but the truck makes it feel a little better :D . I've been in since ~2013-2014 bought in at under $200 for most of mine when my company started investing heavily in to BTC and cryptos in general. I've continued to buy when it makes sense.

Caleb

100% agree with Shane. This is one of the things that keep me at my current employer is all the way to the top, this is believed as well. They've backed (in terms of millions of dollars) all aspects of this decentralization using the blockchain http://www.mediciventures.com/

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
The context of my last statement about crytpo may have been lost. From a tax standpoint holding onto crypto is the same as holding stocks.

Caleb

The context of my last statement about crytpo may have been lost. From a tax standpoint holding onto crypto is the same as holding stocks.

Yes, for now...until the gov tries to get more involved then I'm sure they'll find a way to change that.

Caleb

So you guys that were big on VEN, you still buying? More now than ever? It's gone straight down it seems. However, if you're still long on VEN then nows definitely the time to be buying it up.

ozzy702

So you guys that were big on VEN, you still buying? More now than ever? It's gone straight down it seems. However, if you're still long on VEN then nows definitely the time to be buying it up.

I'm sitting on a bunch. Just like most crypto right now, I'm just trying to hang out and see how things go. Hoping that we see this death spiral reverse soon.

muleskinner

Yep, great time to buy! It's great that they actually have a working product already in use by customers.

Vet listed on Bithub today so we should see a jump in price this week.

Caleb

I think VEN has a great story and a big future. I've been tempted to jump in while it's so low...I will say I've made a fair amount off it during this decline :D

ozzy702

I think VEN has a great story and a big future. I've been tempted to jump in while it's so low...I will say I've made a fair amount off it during this decline :D

Still feeling bullish on VEN? I grabbed a bunch.

Looks like BTC and ETH are chugging forward. If this keeps up for another month I think confidence will be high and we could see the mother of all crypto runs commence. It would be crazy to see percentage gains on par with last year. That would put us at 100K+ BTC. Likely? No. But I've learned to stop trying to conceive of what's possible with crypto because apparently anything can happen.

Caleb

I am, I still think VEN has a good story. I haven't jumped in yet though. I actually just shut down my trading bots and I'm debating if I want to keep going that route or just take that money and put it in to a couple coins I wouldn't mind holding long term. If I do that, I'll buy a bunch of VEN. I'm also really big on the coin I mentioned earlier in this thread, RVN. It's only really traded on crypto bridge right now (there's a major exchange in the works but having a community coin creates some challenges like no CEO, which most exchanges want something from the CEO to get listed). My company has put a ton of money in to the development of it and I really believe it'll be huge in a couple years with the things they're planning in their roadmap.

ozzy702

I am, I still think VEN has a good story. I haven't jumped in yet though. I actually just shut down my trading bots and I'm debating if I want to keep going that route or just take that money and put it in to a couple coins I wouldn't mind holding long term. If I do that, I'll buy a bunch of VEN. I'm also really big on the coin I mentioned earlier in this thread, RVN. It's only really traded on crypto bridge right now (there's a major exchange in the works but having a community coin creates some challenges like no CEO, which most exchanges want something from the CEO to get listed). My company has put a ton of money in to the development of it and I really believe it'll be huge in a couple years with the things they're planning in their roadmap.

Thoughts on your entry point (in BTC or ETH) and where you realistically think VEN can go price wise in 2018? To me, VEN seems overly-ambitious but if even half of what they set out to do comes to fruition I think it could be a crypto giant. Curious what everyone else's thoughts are.

Kevin B.

Big hippy
I'm getting ready to take the plunge, thoughts on a wallet? I won't be trading, but I might want to move funds in and out on a semi regular basis and I have questions. Will all wallets work with all crytpo or should I consider which crypto I'll be using? Will all wallets work with all ATMs? What's the best way to avoid the worst fees without choosing an unsecure or otherwise shifty service?

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
I bought $80 worth of Litecoin between February 6 and July 2. Its currently worth $35.49. I know there are a lot of guys here that are in much deeper than I am but just saying, crypto has not had a good year.

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
I have a ton of different coins, most I purchased in Dec and Jan. I'm currently at about 20% the amount I have invested. Not a good time lol but I'm hanging on!

Kevin B.

Big hippy
I will also say, I actually enjoy purchasing with crypto. It's not a bad experience online.

This is mostly what I'm interested in exploring. Not that I'm hiding anything, but it seems like every other week Credit Karma is telling me about a new breech and I see a place for crypto to replace the credit card for secure online shopping.