Bitcoin

Caleb

If you're just planning to sit on it and not trade, then I would suggest a nice hardware wallet. I use a Ledger Nano S and a Trezor. I like the Nano better but for no particular reason. My opinion is as soon as you have more in crypto than a hardware wallet costs (about $80) then you should get a hardware wallet. Many of the coins I hold aren't currently supported on any hardware wallet, so I just make sure I have good backups and make sure everything is properly encrypted.

As Herzog said, don't invest more than you're willing to lose. Crypto is very volatile, but with proper research, you will find some good projects and be able to get in on them very early on. I have one that I got in on from day one, was able to mine a couple million with CPU only and it's worth a fair amount now. At the same time, there are more scams than legit projects, so be careful.

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
Wowser. You can lose as much in bitcoin as you can by off-roading.. except you don't even have to make all the vehicle repairs in between!

muleskinner

I haven't checked crypto for 3 weeks, this was quite a surprise! I went to reddit to see what VeChain is doing and read about the Delta Airlines deal, I'm pretty stoked with VeChain and I'll invest even more now!

Caleb

Which one are you seeing rise? I just made a truckload off RVN, but BTC is still really low as are most others. I've been running my own mining pool but it's tough to be profitable with mining so I've also gotten pretty big in to masternodes. I'm actually working on a new site that will be monitoring masternodes at first but I plan to offer shared and dedicated masternodes as well.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
I bought some Litecoin, it's been pretty low in the last 6 months but has doubled from where it was.... still not near where I bought in though!

Caleb

Nice! Give it time, it will all come back and then some. However, while it's down, it's a great time to buy more and cost average your previous buys down.

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
This would be great news if I remembered where my info was...
Also Binance just emailed me and said I have 14 days to close my account cause they don’t service the US. Neat.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Also Binance just emailed me and said I have 14 days to close my account cause they don’t service the US. Neat.

I helped a guy move a ton of crypto a couple months ago because of that. Using Binance was terrible and confusing!

N-Smooth

I helped a guy move a ton of crypto a couple months ago because of that. Using Binance was terrible and confusing!

I was able to get into my binance account at like 12:30 but now I have to figure out where to move it to. Any tips? It's only valued at like $375 right now (I started at like $1200 :rofl:)

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
So what's the cliff notes now? Did one or two rise to the top and stay stable, or did the entire thing crash? I haven't paid attention much, but I don't feel like I've seen the option to pay with bitcoin in a long time

I was able to get into my binance account at like 12:30 but now I have to figure out where to move it to. Any tips? It's only valued at like $375 right now (I started at like $1200 :rofl:)
Mine started at 2k and is up to about 1200 now after descending to the depths. I don't play around in there much, so I don't know how much of a recommendation it is, but Coinbase has been easy to work with for me.

N-Smooth

Mine started at 2k and is up to about 1200 now after descending to the depths. I don't play around in there much, so I don't know how much of a recommendation it is, but Coinbase has been easy to work with for me.

I have a coinbase account but I moved to Binance because they had a lot more stuff, in particular, "sh*tcoins" but it looks like coinbase now has all of the ones I want to keep anyways so I'll transfer to there. Good call!

muleskinner

Are you using Binance.us? I use it and I haven't received any email like that.

I started messing with crypto in 2016, in 17 when it went crazy, I put 5k into a coin called VeChain. It doubled my money in a couple weeks so I pulled the 5k back out and left 5k in it. Everything crashed and I haven't touched it since. Today its worth $4980!

I have a Coinbase account but the fees are insane so I rarely use it.

N-Smooth

Are you using Binance.us? I use it and I haven't received any email like that.

I started messing with crypto in 2016, in 17 when it went crazy, I put 5k into a coin called VeChain. It doubled my money in a couple weeks so I pulled the 5k back out and left 5k in it. Everything crashed and I haven't touched it since. Today its worth $4980!

I have a Coinbase account but the fees are insane so I rarely use it.

so apparently I did not use the .us extension when I set it up almost 3 years ago and that's what is causing the headache. It's all good though, I'm moving what I can to Coinbase and what I can't I will trade and then move. I'm trying to figure out if I want to take it all out or if I want to roll the dice some more :rofl:
it's not like it's a lot of money at this point

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin

We had to trade his various cryptos to a common one like Bitcoin and then send the bitcoin to Coinbase (or your own private wallet). Once we figured it out it wasn't too bad... hilariously we did a few and he thought he was good to go and could do the rest. I got a call a week later saying that his crypto disappeared. Luckily it didn't but it ended up as some Turkish Lyra or something. We then had to figure out how to buy bitcoin with Turkish fiat, it was interesting lol. All could have been avoided if binance's interface didn't suck.