Bitcoin

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
If it makes you feel better I’m heavily invested in my companies stock that dropped 22% on Friday after the earnings report.
1644257288098.jpeg

Last edited:

SLC97SR5

IDIesel
If it makes you feel better I’m heavily invested in my companies stock that dropped 22% on Friday after the earnings report.

View attachment 145841
But you received your free calendar, right?
It's almost expected when one group is so heavily incentivized and the others are left out. I'm sure Chip's emphasis on not being profitable for the next year did not help either.

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
But you received your free calendar, right?
It's almost expected when one group is so heavily incentivized and the others are left out. I'm sure Chip's emphasis on not being profitable for the next year did not help either.
Considering the industry standard I wouldn't call it heavily incentivized, and no one i've spoken to that wasn't planning to stay anyway was swayed by the "bonus" at all.

shortstraw8

This seems pretty cool but also like skynet is going to track everyone. My neighborhood has a group that is putting these up, the main guy is kinda MLMing these all over "ill buy the unit if I can put it on your house and use your address and give you 25%." There is also a group of about 10 I guess that has meetings on crypto, Ill probably attend since he is supposedly making $700 a month. I was doing okay until the recent defi hack drained my etherium.

Homefryy

This seems pretty cool but also like skynet is going to track everyone. My neighborhood has a group that is putting these up, the main guy is kinda MLMing these all over "ill buy the unit if I can put it on your house and use your address and give you 25%." There is also a group of about 10 I guess that has meetings on crypto, Ill probably attend since he is supposedly making $700 a month. I was doing okay until the recent defi hack drained my etherium.

I really like the Helium project. It is one of the only crypto projects that actually has the miners doing something extremely useful instead of just turning electricity into heat.

I don't think its any more skynet like than the wireless networks we have already that track your phone location and everything it does.

My brother has been running a Helium miner at his house in Holladay for a while now. A couple months ago when crypto prices were higher he was earning around $20 worth of Helium a day. I'm not sure what he is earning currently. I thought about setting one up at my house but there are already a bunch of miners set up near me so earnings wouldn't be that great.

Homefryy

@Homefryy thats cool. In my research it seemed a helium earning was like $16-17 a month. Maybe I need to dig back in.

I believe it can vary a lot depending on the geography of the miner location and how many other miners are in the area. My understanding of the way earnings work is the network chooses a single miner to broadcast some signal. The more other miners that are able to receive that signal (referred to as "witnessing") the more the broadcaster earns. All of the witnesses also earn but whatever portion of that block reward that goes to the witnesses is divided among all of them.
The majority of what you earn is through witnessing so a higher antenna in a good geographical location with more range will earn more because it can witness more but earnings are reduced as the number of other miners that are also able to witness the same broadcasts as you increases.

Helium prices were a lot higher when my brother was earning ~$20/day. I think its only a couple of dollars a day now.