Colorado Black Bear and Imogene Passes this Summer

rholbrook

I have been wanting to take this loop for some time now. When is the best time of year to get through there and does anyone want to join us? I am easy as far as dates go. I wouldn't mind dropping down and fishing the San Juan River right below Navajo Dam while that close to just to close the trip out. I have caught some fat fish there many times and no trip is complete without stopping at Rubio's in Aztec, NM for some great Mexican Food.

jeeper

DumpStor Owner
We had a trip planned for this summer.. but it seems like our plans have failed now. There are a LOT of large group activities that take place, be sure to research well to avoid large crowds.
I'm totally jealous that you are going to go. Maybe we will make it next summer.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
I would suggest you plan for mid-July or later... the San Juans got slammed this Winter and it'll be awhile before passed open up!

You can do Black Bear & Imogene as a loop in a day easy, I'd also suggest you check out the Alpine Loop (Engineer Pass), Ophir Pass, Animas Forks and stop in Lake City for lunch. Spend some time in Silverton, too!!

If I'm available, I'd love to come join you!

Bart

What Greg said. We camped 3 days in Silverton and did all of those runs and everyone was unique and beautiful. Love that place and will get back there one of these days.

lhracing

I did Imogene Pass about 30 years ago and it was beautiful. Not that is important today, but my "new" 1985 Four Runner was fuel injected but one of the Jeeps with us had a carburetor and it did not run worth a sh** at those altitudes:)

amp713

I'm running the rubicon for my first time end of june for my honeymoon but who knows maybe I can swing two trips.... Ill follow along for dates and more info