BlackSheep's Vacation Planning - Overland Expo West and 9 days of overlanding

BlackSheep

baaaaaaaaaad to the bone
Supporting Member
I had planned a month long trip to Oregon starting on June 6. With the Covid situation that's now been cancelled. However, I found that Overland Expo West has been re-scheduled for July 24-26 in Flagstaff so I've purchased a general admission ticket that includes 4 nights of camping.

I'm putting together a plan for 9 days to get from Flagstaff to Denver. I'm taking my 4x4 Transit Campervan so I'm not looking for hardcore off road action but I do want to spend as many miles on non-paved / forest roads (backcountry boondocking) as I can. In looking at some of the 'feature' roads that I can roll these are a two that stand out:
Cottonwood Canyon - in Grand Staircase - Escalante National Monument
9 mile canyon Road between Wellington and Myton

Of course I'm looking at Google Earth, my Delorme Arizona / Utah / Colorado Atlas and Gazateer, Google maps, etc. I need to link those two roads together. I've found some roads that look interesting, but thought I'd throw it out there to the group to see if there are any particular suggestions. I'm not looking to make massive miles every day - with 9 days to cover ~1060 miles, that's roughly 120 miles per day (give or take) - and I hope to have opportunities to either ride my bike (Gravel or Mountain) and / or run/hike every day.

Based on a preliminary overview, it looks like 1060 miles from Flagstaff to a dispersed camping area outside of Denver. Here is a general idea of the route I'm considering (hopefully the links take you to the routes using Google maps):
Ft Tuthill to Cannonville, Utah via Cottonwood Canyon Road ~280 miles
Cannonville, Ut to Fish Lake, Ut ~113 miles
Fish Lake, Ut to Scipio Lake ~68 miles
Scipio Lake to McCoy Flat ~255 miles
McCoy Flat to lynx pass campground 246 miles
lynx pass campground to jones pass dispersed camp 90.6 miles

Those maps should link up for an overview route. Those are not day by day routes - As I refine my plan I'll try to pinpoint areas for my campsites. Most of that travel is on forest service roads that appear to be gravel although there is a good bit of pavement throughout.

Am I out of my mind for 120 miles per day on gravel / forest roads? Should I reconsider less mileage to allow for more opportunity to relax and enjoy the area?

If you're wondering, from my house in Greenville SC to Flagstaff will be mostly I-40. Denver to Greenville will also be interstate. For both these sections I'll be traveling 300+ miles per day and camping wherever I can find a spot to pull off and sleep.