BLM Utah Initiates America's Big Backyard Photo Contest (Ends 6/4/12)

ret32

http://www.blm.gov/ut/st/en/info/newsroom/2012/may/bureau_of_land_management0.html

Release Date: 05/25/12
Contacts: Chad Douglas, (801) 539-4089

Bureau of Land Management Utah Initiates America's Big Backyard Photo Contest

Salt Lake City - The Bureau of Land Management manages nearly 22.9 million acres of public lands in Utah, representing about 42 percent of the state. Commonly referred to as America’s Big Backyard, Utah’s public lands feature some of the most spectacular and varied scenery in the world. While exploring public lands, you can’t help but take pictures of the striking landscapes. The Bureau of Land Management Utah invites the public to share these photos via a BLM-sponsored photo contest, so all can enjoy the special moments and places that have been captured.

Contest Rules:

Photos must feature public lands in the state of Utah (they can be scenic landscapes, wildlife, or showcase individuals enjoying America’s Big Backyard).
Individuals in the photos must be over the age of 18.
All photos must be original creations, free of copyrights, and submitted by original photographer.
Each applicant may submit up to 2 photo entries.
Images will be eliminated from the competition if they are obtained by illegal or unauthorized access to restricted areas; show unsafe practices or situations; or are of low technical quality.
No photos over 4.5MB in size will be accepted. Files should be in TIFF, JPEG, or PNG format.
Email photos to blm_ut_photo_contest@blm.gov no later than June 4, 2012.
Please include your name and photo caption with entry.

A photo album of all acceptable entries will be created and posted to our Facebook page on June 5, 2012, where Facebook fans and friends will have the opportunity to vote on their favorite photos. Entries will be judged based on how many likes and/or shares received. A ‘share’ is worth 2 points, and a ‘like’ is worth 1 point, so make sure you get your friends and family involved!

Participants and those interested in the results of the photo contest are encouraged to ‘Like’ the BLM Utah Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/#!/BLMUtah and follow @BLMUtah on Twitter. Updates will be broadcast through these social media platforms. The winner will be announced on June 8, 2012, and will have their photo featured in various BLM Utah publications and social media sites.

For more information, contact Chad Douglas at (801) 539-4089 or cdouglas@blm.gov

NoTrax

New Wheels Big Trax
I dislike the way they are choosing a winner.. has nothing to do with how good the picture is, but how popular you are...

NoTrax

New Wheels Big Trax
I didnt enter, I have won those type of competitions.. but I feel bad spaming too much VOTE FOR ME stuff..
Also have almost 30,000 followers on Google+ is a bit unfair... I get about a 1,000 votes from those guys..... I should have.. but I didnt!