BMX racing?

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
Didn’t we have some members into BMX racing? I’d think I’d like to let my kids have a go at it this winter at the indoor track.. but websites are not super helpful with info. It seems to be more of a ‘show up and learn’ situation.. which is exactly how the desert racing community tends to work.
Does anyone know of a FB page for the local community riders to chat in? I assume there is one other than the rad canyon page.

Evolved

Less-Known Member
I went and raced a few times at the Legacy Event center in Farmington. That was over the summer though, I believe Rad Canyon is the only indoor track in Northern Utah. I could be very wrong there though.

I never really got into the BMX community. I have no clue if there are any forums or anything like that. I basically went and bought a bike, a helmet and showed up. You are right about the “show up and learn”. That being said, the BMX community is a lot like the rock crawling community. It’s small but most people are awesome and willing to help out new comers. You could check the USA BMX website for sanctioned tracks/track info.

@Jesser04 you may know more than me about this. Any input?

ChestonScout

opinions are like Jeeps..
Keep me posted. My boy just went to a race with a friend last weekend in West Jordan last weekend. He had a blast and wants to do more.

Jesser04

Show up and learn is the way to go. Farmington is the best place to learn but I believe they’re done for the season. How old are your kids? The community is very welcoming and everyone wants to help. We didn’t ride all summer but if you go let me know when and I’ll see if my boy wants to go he’s 8.

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
Does rad canyon have an indoor track? Leimomi would love to do BMX with your kids

Their winter season is in the equestrian park in south jordan. $12/day friday evenings, saturday afternoon, and sunday afternoon.
I am thinking we will try to hit some friday evening races.

J-mobzz

I’ve done the equestrian park a few times before it’s fun. You guys should take the kids and go. And serious offer of either of you want to race the old men class they have a slow one, take my cruiser it’s really fun.

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
I’ve done the equestrian park a few times before it’s fun. You guys should take the kids and go. And serious offer of either of you want to race the old men class they have a slow one, take my cruiser it’s really fun.
Looks like 24" doesn't have a novice class... but I imagine there aren't too many over 35 experts ;)

I was hoping to go this Friday.. but it looks like Herbert just cancelled that for a couple weeks.

Tebbsjeep

I have my old (2006ish) BMX that I used to ride around during high school. Could use new tubes and a good service/greasing. I put a lot of miles on it, but it was never abused. It's a specialized fuse 2. It's a 15 year old bike, but still better than anything you can find in a big box store(Walmart). I've been meaning to sell it because I got more into mountain biking, and it doesn't get ridden anymore. If anybody is interested in it just shoot me a pm.

Tonkaman

Looks like 24" doesn't have a novice class... but I imagine there aren't too many over 35 experts ;)

I was hoping to go this Friday.. but it looks like Herbert just cancelled that for a couple weeks.
When it’s back up and running I’ll bring the kiddo and check it out with you

Evolved

Less-Known Member

I raced as a kid and made it to the intermediate class. 20+ years later when I signed up again USA BMX still had my info on file and classified me as an intermediate. They said they keep the novice class to real true beginners. That being said, there are definitely some 35 year old experts in the state and they flat out kicked my ass. We had everything from novice to experts in our moto and the results showed. I wasn't there to win, so it wasn't a disappointment at all. I had a blast and am hoping my 6 year old picks up interest so I can spend time at the track again.