Boat registration decals

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
I need to change out my fuel filters and run some fuel cleaner through my boat. I poured some Stabil in the tank in January, but the fuel I put in had ethanol in it (only choice) and the boat was running poorly.

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
I need to change out my fuel filters and run some fuel cleaner through my boat. I poured some Stabil in the tank in January, but the fuel I put in had ethanol in it (only choice) and the boat was running poorly.
Doesn't sound too bad. We got out to Willard a month ago for our first trip out for the season. I guess I left the garden hose attachment plug off our inlet screen because it started taking on water. I didn't notice till the temps started getting hot and our surf wave was beyond bad. Shut the engine off and then heard the bilge pump doing its thing. I opened up a rear locker and I could hear water running. Then noticed the water was almost to the top of the tranny! I found the source and quickly plugged it. A few minutes later the world was right again.

Jesser04

What engine do you have? If I remember correctly your boat came from havasu what’s your water temp after running it? We’ve owned our boat for 11 years and never used fuel treatment haven’t had one problem I try to leave it full when I store it. We have a 5.7 Volvo and change impeller and fuel filter before each season takes a half hour and is good piece of mind I put the old one in the new ones box and leave it on the boat.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
What engine do you have? If I remember correctly your boat came from havasu what’s your water temp after running it? We’ve owned our boat for 11 years and never used fuel treatment haven’t had one problem I try to leave it full when I store it. We have a 5.7 Volvo and change impeller and fuel filter before each season takes a half hour and is good piece of mind I put the old one in the new ones box and leave it on the boat.
Mine is the 5.0 mercruiser. The temp stays right around 170 nearly all of the time it's running. I filled it in Havasu at the end of December, then we ran it for about 1.5 hours. I put Stabil marine stabilizer in it then. When I topped it off yesterday it took on 6 gallons and the old fuel looked pretty yellow. It was fully serviced when we bought it and the carb was completely rebuilt and new fuel pump installed.

Caleb

Mine is the 5.0 mercruiser. The temp stays right around 170 nearly all of the time it's running. I filled it in Havasu at the end of December, then we ran it for about 1.5 hours. I put Stabil marine stabilizer in it then. When I topped it off yesterday it took on 6 gallons and the old fuel looked pretty yellow. It was fully serviced when we bought it and the carb was completely rebuilt and new fuel pump installed.

Yep, it's official, you own a boat :D Never ending money pits...yet if I could convince my wife, I would buy one in a second too :p