finally finished the bob...here are some pics
fullside.jpg
side.jpg
fuel_wheelwells_rear.jpg

inners.jpg

BlackSheep

baaaaaaaaaad to the bone
Supporting Member
Looks good. The cut of the rear fender reminds me a little of some of the early broncos, although those EBs covered the tire a heck of a lot more.

Any concern that the front part of the fender will contact the tire? It is the closest to the tire.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
That is nice work!!....stock wheelbase or you moving the axles outward {probably not as you just got done doing the body work}? That would look AWESOME Full width with some larger tires 37" or greater....

harkinoff

something to do...
are you going to hog that bad boy out? when are going to do your axle swap? I went ahead and cut mine out for 44's:D

Last edited:

troutbum

cubi-kill
Originally posted by mbryson
That is nice work!!....stock wheelbase or you moving the axles outward {probably not as you just got done doing the body work}? That would look AWESOME Full width with some larger tires 37" or greater....

Thanks

;) The wheel base will get stretched 3-4", 2 or so in front and maybe and inch in the back,

I picked up waggy springs for the front, and I am in the process of building the 60's right now. (Anyone have 60 inners they want to sell??)

End result will be 104" ish wheel base full width with 37's. SOA on waggy front and TBD in the rear. I would like to go link suspension, but it has to be streetable/high speed washboardable, not my DD, I just like to drive to the trails.

As for the atlas, my whole rig does not come close to the price tag on one of those ;), I am going to keep the d300 and hopefully run a 203 doubler in front of it.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Originally posted by harkinoff
are you going to hog that bad boy out? when are going to do your axle swap? I went ahead and cut mine out for 44's:D

Harkinoff,,,,that DA beating the he!! out of you? I remember those.....just laughing because I noticed it from your picture.....

troutbum

cubi-kill

44's :eek: are you going to fit in the garage?? it looks damn good.

I wont need 44's now that I got rid of the rock catching rear end :D. I will probably have to cut the front of the wheel well a little closer to the b column, but I will wait until I get the suspension done and the tires on.

harkinoff

something to do...
Originally posted by mbryson

Harkinoff,,,,that DA beating the he!! out of you? I remember those.....just laughing because I noticed it from your picture.....

oh man, fingers are black and blue from hanging them down:p

harkinoff

something to do...
Originally posted by troutbum

44's :eek: are you going to fit in the garage?? it looks damn good.

I wont need 44's now that I got rid of the rock catching rear end :D. I will probably have to cut the front of the wheel well a little closer to the b column, but I will wait until I get the suspension done and the tires on.

its not going to fit unless the tires are flat, I hope super swamper comes out with a 40 soon

on cutting the front wheelwell, I'm kind of stumped on how much to cut out of the rear part, alot of structural support there to mess with, better off moving front end more foward:D

anyways heres a current pic of progress on my pile

Last edited:

harkinoff

something to do...
I'm trying to change that Trashinal Image:D the safety orange almost goes with the chev drivetrain:D oh and yep its sprayed

troutbum

cubi-kill

on cutting the front wheelwell, I'm kind of stumped on how much to cut out of the rear part, alot of structural support there to mess with, better off moving front end more foward:D

Yeah I would be reluctant to cut too far into the A column...IIRC waggy springs have 22.5 offset so with 44" rubber either way you will have almost a flat approach angle...why not stretch it?

harkinoff

something to do...
I already stretched the frame 4" on the front, I'm just going to redrill the spring to gain another couple of inches, should almost put the tires even with the winch