Body mount/lift material?

MattL

What do people us.
The body mounts are wearing out and want to replace them. Probably going to put something uner there about 1.5 inches high or so. not much higher

Any suggestioins?

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
factory replacement......forget the body lift imho...

is this on the commando??

if so just get somechunks of polyeurathane and drill them out. rubber is the best though!! rubber allows for some give and helps relieve metal fatigue at mounting points when you are flexing out your rig!

MattL

Yeah this is for the Commando.

I have used hocky pucks before but that looked kinda hokey.

Where would I buy the poly?

Pm your number as this deal with the xj hitch is still a go but has to be in the morning.

Milner

formerly "rckcrlr"
I use the rubber rollers for a boat trailer. You can get a 1' chunk that is 3" diameter with a whole in the center. All you need to do is cut it into pieces the size you need. Works great!! There is a boat store on 7200 S and State and one on 2100 S State.

EZRhino

KalishnaKitty
If you want to do regular rubber body mounts with a custom size body lift spacer on top of that, you can go to Commercial Plastics on 500 W and about 3500 So in SLC and get a length of Delrin (hard plastic) in whatever diameter you want. I believe they can cut it into 'pucks' and even drill it out for you, but I cut it with a regular carbide tipped miter saw (made for wood). It worked out pretty good. (Don't tell them it's for a body lift though).

EZ:rolleyes:

Vonski

nothing to see here...
I used the Delrun (sp?) stuff for mine, but it is kinda expensive stuff if I remember. I cut it with a radial arm saw then used a belt sander to clean the ends up a bit. You can also use Ultra High Molecular Weight Polyethaline (sweet! I got to use big words :D), but it is normaly white in color.