Boomerange Shakles worth the price of admission?

P

pokeyYJ

Hey, are the boomerange style shakles worth the cost? What are the benifits that a longer shakle doesn't offer? I have been thinking about adding them to the rear of my YJ. The stock shakles are too short and don't allow the springs to droop all the way.

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
are you talking about expanding shackles or the ones that are just bent to the shape of the afformentioned boomerang? if you are talking about expander shackles, run the other way, they are now worth your time or effort due to control issues. they work on the TIR but that is where the novelty begins and ends...boomerand shaped shackles sound interesting but I don't know what they necessarily accomplish. that is all I know...:confused: :D

bobdog

4x4 Addict!
The boomerang shackles are needed if your shackles hit the rear crossmember under spring compression. If the springs you have do not cause this then they will perform exactly the same as a strait shackle. I would not want to use shackles that are much longer than stock. Handleing, approach and departure angles, and spring life suffer with longer shackles.

P

pokeyYJ

I have 1" lift shakles that I can put on once I get a SYE. They don't hit the cross member anymore because I made "Custom" clearance cuts in the cross bar on the shakle. So Boomerange style wouldn't do me any good, interesting.