Bottom end rebuilt time! (official rebuilt thread)

D

Deleted member 12904

Just so you know your not the only one having fun

2013-06-01_09-03-40_93_zps6a1af6b0.jpg

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

D

Deleted member 12904

Working on the side by side?

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Tapatalk 2

Ya and this is my first 4t and twin. It makes a 2t crank seem like a walk in the park.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

D

Deleted member 12904

Nice! So glad you got it done so quick. My day didn't go so good I damaged a screw on a crank retainer clip I didn't see when I went to press the crank out. Looks like I will have to wait till Tuesday for the $0.23 screw to put it back together.

jentzschman

Nice! So glad you got it done so quick. My day didn't go so good I damaged a screw on a crank retainer clip I didn't see when I went to press the crank out. Looks like I will have to wait till Tuesday for the $0.23 screw to put it back together.

I know the feeling. Sorry.

Way to go Trevor! You didn't waste any time getting that thing back together!

Thanks. I'm hoping to get it all back together for Thursday's night run

jentzschman

Thanks. So close... I'm waiting on a new shift shaft. It literally slides right in on the clutch side. So I can get the flywheel back on, cylinder, and some other odds and ends. Once I get the shaft I can get the rest of the clutch on and fire her up!

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
Glad we got it done. I hope the Yamawater sealed the cases correctly. Did you find the key for the stator? Was the old one still in your old crank?

jentzschman

Glad we got it done. I hope the Yamawater sealed the cases correctly. Did you find the key for the stator? Was the old one still in your old crank?

I hope it does too :D. That was sticky stuff though ans we put it on both sides of the case, I think we should be ok. I will find out in a few days for sure though.

I did find that key. Took the one off the old crank. I will be getting the flywheel back on tomorrow as well as the cylinder and piston.

jentzschman

Motor in with new piston. Going to get the clutch side done today and hopefully get her fired up today.

jentzschman

Major update!!!

She is all back together and running!

Just started her for the first warm up on the new piston. Will run here again when cool and put a little load on it up and down the street!!!!

So far she sounds great and run great (on the stand at least)