Toyota Bought a cheap Toyota, now what?

benjy

Rarely wrenches
Supporting Member
I've been lowballing a guy at work for this truck for years. Some funny circumstances got me the title today. So what should I do with it? 140k miles, manual trans. V6 I think hahaha.

Flip it? Make it a crawler? Beater second car? Jump it? Race it? I'm open to anything.

Attachments

• IMG_20171218_140418.jpg
    IMG_20171218_140418.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 55

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Flip it and roll that money over to something you can build. The 3.0 V6 in those year Toyotas is damn near junk, they have all kinds of expensive issues. But, they aren't too hard to upgrade to a 3.4 from newer Tacoma's, (4Runners & some Tundra's too). The 3.4 almost bolts in, is a totally different & much better engine... and there's a factory TRD supercharger for it!! I think you have to change the exhaust routing and some other minor things, but it's very doable.

You could swap the 3.4 in, ditch all the body and tube it out, build a 4 seater crawler with 1 tons, 40's and dual t-cases. :cool:

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
Looks like a '90 or '91? I loved my '89 truck like that. :cool:

Sadly, it's probably not worth doing a lot of work to it. If it runs well, drive it as a beater or save it for someone's first car.

benjy

Rarely wrenches
Supporting Member
Haha! Drove it home, and it's been parked out back ever since. Plan is to list both my cheap Miata and this high on KSL, and whichever doesn't sell I will hold onto.