Box Rocket '03 DC Tacoma Build

Most of this info is on some other boards, but I'm starting to get to know more of you local guys that on here on RME so I figured I'd share some build info.

Current state of my truck.

2003 Toyota Tacoma Doublecab TRD
3.4L 5VZE V6
Stock Auto Trans
Stock t-case
Open front diff
Rear TRD e-locker

ARMOR:
Trail-Gear Low Profile front bumper (with custom light mounts)
Trail-Gear Rock sliders
Custom home-built Rear bumper with dual swingouts
Custom home-built IFS Skidplate
Custom home-built trans skidplate
Custom home-built belly Skidplate
Custom home-built rear frame reinforcement plates

SUSPENSION:
OME 882 front coils
OME Nitrocharger Sport front shocks
JK 10mm Trim Packer
Cornfed front diff drop
OME Dakar rear leaf springs
OME D6XL extra leaf
OME Nitrocharger Sport rear shocks (relocated)
All-Pro 1.5" extended rear shackles
Trail-Gear U-bolt flip
EVCO custom extended rear SS brakeline

WHEELS/TIRES:
15x8" Ultra Motorsport En4Cer Type 181 wheels (rattle canned black)
33x12.50 Goodyear MTR Kevlars
33x10.50 BFG KM2 spare on factory 7" steel wheel

MISC MODS:
ARB Safari Snorkel
Optima Red Top Battery
Front Seat swap from Suzuki Reno
HELLA Optilux 7" HIDs (x3) on front bumper
Custom home-built bed rack
Tepui Autana RTT with Annex
Portable CO2 tank
Bed-mounted custom Fridge Slide
ARB Fridge
Custom bed-mounted bucket seats (seating for 7)
Snugtop XTR fiberglass topper
Uniden Pro 520xl CB radio
Alpine Deck
LED rock lights
Hella Matador rear utility light
Custom rear seat area deck for fridge etc.

I found this truck on KSL a few years ago for a great deal. It was clean and well maintained with pretty low miles (85K). Had a small leveling kit when I got it.

First order of business was suspension and sliders. Got all the suspension goodies from Kurt at Cruiser Outfitters and went to town.
Out with the old

In with the new

Old

New

I started out with OME shackles and found that I needed a little extra height and better load capacity so I added the extra leaf and longer shackles.

Box Rocket

bored
Forgot to update this for a while. In the summer I ran over a carpet knife that destroyed one of the MTRs. The other three were too worn to only replace one so I sold the good ones and got a full set of KM2s

also had them siped

I replaced my seat covers with a set of *gasp* Smittybuilt G.E.A.R. covers. These have very mixed reviews. I've had these in the truck for 6 months now and I've really liked them. I haven't had any of the issues with seams separating or color fading like some of the reports I've read. So far so good. I really like the extra storage in the cab.

Also used some scrap Carbon Fiber vinyl I had lying around to black out the center of the hood. It works really well to reduce glare from on coming headlights on the hood.

Also picked up a used Bedrug. I've only had this for about a month but I really like it.

lastly I had a spare set of lens covers for my HIDs so I tried some Rustoleum MetalCast orange paint on one of the sets. This is a transparent paint used to give an anodized look to shiny metal. This worked surprisingly well on the lenses and the light output is now a clear yellow which is exactly what I'd hoped. So far it seems to improve how the lights are working in fog. I haven't had them in dust yet but I'm hoping for improvement there too.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
One of my favorite rigs. Looking good man. I dig the covers.

I need an industrial sewing machine, I want to make some for the buggy.

zmotorsports

Hardcore Gearhead
Vendor
Cool. Give me a honk and wave next time.

Adam, I followed you home Friday afternoon. You drove by in front of me on West Hill Field road and then I followed you down Gordon avenue. I honked and waved but you probably didn't see me with your nose that high in the air.:D

Just kiddin', the truck looks amazing by the way.

Mike.

JK2NV

I really love your truck and how you posted everything on it I'm looking forward to my same bulid

Terryinrevy

tire size

Your truck is amazing. just wondering why those size tire you running currently and rims as well?? Also What lift do you have in it. My truck is very similar and id like to get the front glass fenders like yours. Did you get them to eliminate rubbing or just for extra coverage?
sorry for all the questions but i love this thing!!!>>

Terryinrevy

Sorry buds i just tuned in and saw you 1 st page. Are the current tires the same size and also what size and brand are the rims??? Please?

Box Rocket

bored
I don't own this truck anymore, but the truck started with 32" tires when I bought it. Then I had 33x10.50's and most of the time I had the truck is was on 33x12.50's. The wheels were the same the entire time. 15x8