Brain fart

Omgbecki

So some how I snapped the bolt for the upper control arm on the jeep. Got a replacement bolt but for some reason I can't get the holes to line up. Could it be as simple as jacking a side up or are demons at work here lol

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Have someone move the steering wheel a little bit side to side to see if one direction helps it line up. I know it sounds weird but I recall having to do this a long while ago.

DAA

Jacking up one side or the other, and or moving the wheel will line it up once all the stars align. Not too much of a PITA with someone else to either watch the holes or man the jack/wheel. But a royal PITA by yourself.

But it's easier to rotate the axle whichever way it needs to go to line up the holes. And you can run the jack and watch the holes at the same time by yourself. If it needs to rotate up, put a jack under the pinion. If it needs to rotate down, jack the tie rod (close to the end).

Way easier than effing around with ratchet straps too.

- DAA

Omgbecki

So. Just a follow up. I ended up having to drive the front driver and rear passenger onto ramps to get it to line up.