Brainstorming my next rig. How to fit 4 mountain bikes inside a 4x4.

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
I’m not going to lie, I’ve been secretly praying that you would buy a sprinter van. That way you could post a detailed build process, research all pros and cons for the hardware, then sell it to me for cheap a year later!

If you want sprinter van build this is the only acceptable build to model after. Enjoy. (Kyle Toth is a woodworking wizard!)

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
I rode in my buddy's 2017 transit tall roof yesterday for a few hours. I'm sold SO on them.

I'm sure the tow rating is based on the lighter rear leaves and 3.31 gears. Air bags and 1 ton package (3.73 gears) would make it a tow monster.
It is no joke a fast machine. It would spin tires at the light and 85mph yeilded us 15.5 mpg full of bikes and gear on some larger than stock bfg ATs
His was full loaded: leather heated seat etc etc. $40k out the door.

IMG_20180619_144714_01.jpg

sixstringsteve

They also have reduced air flow, and the engines in the van can't cool as well. The unibody construction might lower the tow rating as well. They're extremely fast.

sixstringsteve

I test drove a 2018 cement grey 4x4 sr5 here in ohio, and I think I'm going ro bring it home tomorrow. We'll see.

It has 8 miles on it. All put on by me. Pretty cool.

I just need to decide if it has the stereo/nav/safety features I want.

Anyone familiar with the entune audio plus with the navigation app?

I think the only safety features it doesnt have are the backup sensors, cross traffic alert, and illuminated turn signals.

Last edited:

sixstringsteve

Dang, reading about this audio/nav system, and it sounds awful. If I'm paying new, I'm going to want a navigation that works and doesnt require me to download an app to my phone and pair it over bluetooth

Caleb

I’ve had entune in my trucks and currently have it in my wife’s 4Runner. Never use it. If you’ve got a smart phone, you’ll use it more. Also the nav system is similar, I’d rather put it into my phone and either turn the Bluetooth on or plug it in to the usb. I usually end up with both of them due to other features I want but wouldn’t care if I don’t have either of them on my next Toyota vehicle.

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
Congrats Steve. And I agree with the others talking about factory nav. I'd rather use my phone that gets updated regularly via the internet.

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
So what are the specs on it?
2018 Tundra double cab with the 5.7? What length bed? Cloth seats or leather?

D

Deleted member 12904

I'm having a tough time getting a cashiers check with no local wells Fargo here. What a fiasco.
They wont take a wire transfer? I just bought a new car in April and didn't want to deal with going in rush hour to get the check so we just did an electronic transfer.