Brick pizza oven

comingdown

I’m goi g to use the indispensable tool I think they call it, I’ll get it built and post a picture.

I’ll check it out, never been on reddit and it seems confusing but I’ll give it a look once I have more time to check it out.

pkrfctr

That's a lot of good info. I'm glad I got a book referral because a lot of reviews left me nervous. Seems like they feel the dome is the way to go and the barrel design isn't as desirable? I guess adding more pizzas will be better for bigger gatherings. What are your thoughts as far as how close to your house would you want it? I want it out of the way, tucked away, but also want it convenient....
Distance from house is regulated by your city and fire marshall. My neighbor just built a brick bbq and there were strict guidelines about its location in relationship to the house. Firemarshall had to sign off on it.

comingdown

Well, I poured the slab a few weeks back and been letting it dry. Laid out and squared up thebrick base and then drilled holes in the cement and epoxy’d in some rebar. I plan on using a longer piece too stick in every other cell opening when I pour the concrete in it and full the others with gravel. I’ll run the rebar long and then tie in my concrete top into that. Should be wicked strong. Not gonna mortar the blocks, just stack it and pour it then coat the exterior with some kind of finish. Hopefully weather permitting I get the block finished and laid and poured this weekend and can story forming the counter top

Attachments

• 1F03B7F4-DDAC-4909-B617-863B6704F9E2.jpeg
    1F03B7F4-DDAC-4909-B617-863B6704F9E2.jpeg
    289.2 KB · Views: 26
  • 9CCB8F89-2DED-4A51-B34D-D312267151E7.jpeg
    9CCB8F89-2DED-4A51-B34D-D312267151E7.jpeg
    336 KB · Views: 27
  • 66F0F202-D12C-4D5F-AE31-D10800C40AD8.jpeg
    66F0F202-D12C-4D5F-AE31-D10800C40AD8.jpeg
    440 KB · Views: 26

comingdown

And tonight I did a bit more... ready to pour the cells and form up the counter top this weekend. But it feels good to be making some progress.

comingdown

I plan on welding some doors from the leftover angle iron and add wood in the middle. I’m visualizing some neat hinge ideas but if anyone has any ideas and pics I’d love to see them.

comingdown

I do, but you can cook much more then pizza in this thing. Essentially a second oven that won’t heat up my house in the summer. I plan on doing steaks and rib roasts and turkeys in here. And yes, obviously a ton of pizza too.

comingdown

It will be so insulated that it will be he equivilant if your oven bring next to your wood cabinets. On top of he brick will be a layer of refractory mortar, 2” of high temp insulation blankets, and then 3 layers of a final render to finish it. I’ll t may be warm to the touch but definitely not hot enough to burn the fence.