Britney's less popular sister, Jamie Lynn; AKA the Booty Fab CJ5

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Did you know Britney Spears has a less cute, less popular sister, Jamie Lynn? Well, since @Hickey has Britney, when I saw what could be considered her sister, I knew I had to make her mine!

Introducing Jamie Lynn.... the Booty Fab 1980 CJ5.

i-WMP4Gsg-X2.jpg

This thing is cherry, one of a kind for sure! I was browsing FB Marketplace this morning sitting in bed and saw this listed for sale. The price? $500! It has some parts I wanted, so I told the seller I could be there within an hour with cash and a trailer.

So it's a '80 CJ5 with a TBI 4.3 that apparently runs (but didn't at the time of purchase), lools like a SM465 4 speed trans and probably a NP205 t-case. The axles are 6 lug 1/2 ton Chevy axles, probably both 10 bolts? They have 5.38's and the diffs are welded. It has this super awesome full hydro steering setup with not just one, but TWO single ended hydraulic cylinders. It's sitting on 38" TSL's on 15" wagon wheels, but one tire was bad so the PO bought a set of 4, half worn 38.5" Boggers! It also has an on board welder!! It's a SST-130 by Resco Mfg, need to do some research.... no idea if it works. The suspension "link fabrication" is stupid sketchy, tractor 4 point rod ends, NO track bars, straight-ish link/radius arm suspension, as well as the tube work, sheetmetal work, etc. The welds are terrible.... bird-shit quality stuff. Finally, is had a old Warn Winch... it's an 8274!!!! :oops: :eek::boom:

That winch is the sole reason I bought this thing.... for the 8274! The PO knew that these "old Warn Winches were desirable".... but I don't think the realized what it was worth or the following they have. The 8274 will get some work and end up on my Willys Crawler.

At the end of the day, honestly I'll be parting this thing out and scrapping what's left over. The wheels and tires will be sold, the engine, trans & t-case will be pulled and sold, I'll keep the 8274 and probably the on-board welder. I don't think I'll bother with the rest... I'll probably get some roller wheels and tires and scrap the remains. Anyone want a CJ5? No title.... you haul it. :cody:

Here's pics, check out the work... it's impressive. We used a skidsteer and the winch on the trailer to load it.

i-CLPGKp7-X2.jpg

i-2sJfWkV-X2.jpg

i-wGRfhmB-X2.jpg

i-M9JNhvF-X2.jpg

i-J3kVfch-X2.jpg

i-F5jHFpt-X2.jpg

i-qDKhSV7-X2.jpg

i-bfStLTs-X2.jpg

And just like Britney, Jeremy's CJ5, it IS indeed 4WD... in case you didn't know.
i-sZ6DtMJ-X2.jpg

i-BQthChG-X2.jpg

i-ptCFrcw-X2.jpg

i-fz55cp9-X2.jpg

i-J8pktLQ-X2.jpg

i-WHxrJCg-X2.jpg

i-3vtkLLb-X2.jpg

i-X5JXN3b-X2.jpg

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
I think it was fabbed using the onboard welder. Suspension looks legit safe should just run it in the gambler before you part it out

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Keep me posted on when you take everything apart. I have called dibs on that bell housing

Will do, let me verify the trans and t-case as well. More than likely, I'll be waiting until it cools down before I start taking it apart. I'd like to toss a battery in it and see if I can get it to run, too.