Broken glass

DAA

Been to this spot a couple times before and tried taking pictures of the massive number of broken pop bottles. But the pictures have always sucked. They suck this time too :D.

Crazy number of broken pop bottles from the 50's and 60's in one spot though. They don't look that old, but I googled them and they are, at least 50 years old, maybe even 60 years old. And worth about $10 each now! Gotta be at least a thousand of them in this one spot. Several square yards of them piled deep.

20190621_Chucks-10.jpg

Most of them are these Bireley's. A non carbonated orange drink from the 50's and 60's.

20190621_Chucks-11.jpg

20190621_Chucks-12.jpg

That whole foundation is filled with broken bottles. The ones that aren't Bireley's, all the green ones, are Mountain Dew from the same time period.

20190621_Chucks-13.jpg

Just one of those weird things you see out there once in awhile. Right next to all the broken bottles is this boat. I took this pic on a previous visit.

20170909_Desert-8.jpg

- DAA

bobn

Dave, you sure come across some odd treasures! This brings back some good memories. As a kid in the late 50's, early 60's, the family lived in Roseville, CA, NE of Sacramento. Bireley's Orange was a favorite pop. After the family moved to the Bay Area in the mid 60's, I don't remember seeing it again.

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
That's pretty cool. I remember one time as a kid we parked our truck next to some old structure, and all I recall is thousands of old broken bottles. I have no recollection where that was, but I vividly remember walking around looking at all the old soda logos on the broken glass.

Reactions: DAA