Brush and log removal wanted

UT410

On jack stands.
Premium Member
I took down a sick tree on Saturday and I am looking for someone to haul the brush, limbs and logs away. There's probably a trailer's worth all together. Nothing is all that heavy, I cut the logs to manageable size.

Anyway if you know of anyone or are interested yourself, let me know. I'm in Holladay, just east of Vanwinkle.

Brent

20171112_113003.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

UT410

On jack stands.
Premium Member
About half of it has a mushy/pulp center and the insects were still partying it up. I got a guy coming today at 3pm. Now I need someone to grind the stump.

nnnnnate

Back in the day when we cut down some trees my parents rented a stump grinder from diamond rental and went to town on them. Not sure what something like that would cost now but it might be worth looking into.

Brad J

UT410

On jack stands.
Premium Member
Looks like 1 hr = $40, 2 hrs = $80, 4 hrs = $160.

https://equipment.diamondrental.com/equipment.asp?action=category&category=26&key=4509

That does seem a lot better than paying someone to come out and do it.
Not too bad! I just got an appointment set and the price is $96 for a 24" tree stump. Mine may be a bit less if it's 20" but I assume it's more than 20" just because of the 20" bar the saw had. Anyway, for $100, I think that's fair. The guy will be in and out of there in a flash, most likely. I may have him do a second, small stump that's in my way when I'm mowing.

Who knows, I may have a good start to catch up to the Hickeys, Nates, and Brysons of the landscape world. :D

Last edited:

UT410

On jack stands.
Premium Member
It's all done except for removing the piles left behind from the grinder.

I figured I'd give you a breakdown of what I spent. First, two quotes, to drop the tree and remove it, were $350.

I spent:
$50 to rent the saw (which I dropped the tree and trimmed another tree in the yard that had a limb overhanging a neighbor's parking spot)
$135 to remove the tree and some extra from some pruning I did
$168 to remove the main stump and another in the yard
---------
$353 total

I don't consider it a savings but I did get a little more for my $350 doing it this way. Sure, I could have done it all myself and spent less $ by doing it on my own and if it were summer, maybe I would have. But I'm happy with how this all worked out. Thanks, fellas, for your input. I appreciate it.

20171122_083710.jpg